LiMP - A tiny Linux Multimedia Distro

Is "LiMP" easy and useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkkindia

Right off the assembly line
A brief descriptive :

Linux Multimedia Player (LiMP) is a tiny Linux-based distribution that converts your computer into a multimedia player. It supports most of the known formats (MPEG 1 and 2, DivX, WMV, qt-mov, Real, MP3, WAV, WMA, and Ogg). It has auto-detection of partitions (IDE, SATA, or SCSI) and sound, video, and network cards, and supports all cards as of kernel 2.6.13. It identifies the partitions and mounts them in the folder START. Network support can be configured in the GUI. It also mounts the SMB shares in the folder START. It has menu-driven options and requires no knowledge of Linux, all in an embedded image file of size 35 MB. It can be easily integrated into Windows XP/2000/98/95, a Linux boot loader, or bootable CD-ROM.

*sourceforge.net/projects/limp-vkk-ver1/

V.Krishna Karthik

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sounds good. IMO best way to use it will be to carry it as a bootable cd and since it uses only 35 mb I'll use rest of it to fill up with songs. Then I can use it on any computer. So, I can have both - my favourite music and a linux distro on hand. I prefer linux rather than windows any day.

OP
V

vkkindia

Thats nice :lol:

I am working in the next version. It will have clock, computer shutdown scheduler ( for bed time listeners 8) ) and font support for cyrillic, latin, russian, chineese, thai, korean etc

This will be released next week

bye

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I think its useful for people who mainly use the system for videos and audios.But for people with only a single cdrom it would be a waste.. unless they want to view the multimedia on the hardisk

OP
V

vkkindia

live cd distro

This is a live cd distro, after the program gets loaded, you can eject the LiMP CD, and insert your cdrom and play the contents.
Thanks

vignesh Location: Chennai
I think its useful for people who mainly use the system for videos and audios.But for people with only a single cdrom it would be a waste.. unless they want to view the multimedia on the hardisk

OP
V

vkkindia

LiMP ver 1.2 Released

LiMP ver 1.2 Released just as I said. Kindly check that out at

*sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom