limited account in xp pro SP2 qn on IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

taken

Journeyman
hi,

i have this peculier problem. in my windows xp pro SP2 with latest updates, i have IE7 eta version 7.0.5450.4 installed. well, when ever i launch internet explorer, the browser goes directly to this site: *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=54834 and tries to do something but it cant and shows a blue screen.

now this problem is with the recently created limited user account named as visitor. to help myself out, i went to tools-internet option and in general Tab, i enabled use blank button.

well, as per the setting, the browser must not link to the *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=54834 when restarted as the setting must ignore this url, but it always tries to go there and then ends up showing blue screen.

anyway, i can browse the net with other url's but this blue screen at every start of IE will be irritating, Na!!!!

also, to get out of the issue, i tried to make security level low, i.e. tools-internet options - security tab and in it - internet. clicking custom level i get the security settings and in it i reset it to medium. well this also dosnt solve the purpose.

so what is the last solution out for this issue. i dont want adminstrator account to be sued by any visitor to my computer.

regs
ken

sakumar79

Technomancer
Create a new shortcut based on existing IE7 shortcut and go to its properties. Set the target to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "about:blank" (replace the first part with actual location of IE7)... This should open a blank page...

Arun

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
well thanks for the support

aakash_mishra, for ur query, i would like to say is that the blue screen just covers whole of the browser space without any messages. it just stays like that.

so, when contacted to microsoft, they suggested to donwload the latest IE7 pack and i got it solved. seems like it had bugs on it.

so the issue is closed.

thanks again

shaunak

Tux Fan
THats no blue screen, its only the msn background. The site and not IE7 had bugs. The site it was supposed to redirect to consistes of only a blue background and nothing else. Only problem was that you couldnt change your home page.
That site shows up the same on both firefox and opera. Speaking of which why dont you try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom