1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

limewire ! ! !

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by ax3, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ax3

ax3 Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !

how 2 increase download speed in limewire ???

am using limewire 4.10.2 ...

2. Raiden Bee

Raiden Bee New Member

Since limewire is a P2P it will not be affected by download managers...what you can try is run only limewire while downloading......use broadband etc

Also, limewire has some genuine problems in logging on. Press the stop button and then retry...It almost always works for me

3. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

A few tips for that...

1. Download only those files with highest number of #'s
    2. Download only if the speed is mentioned as T1 or greater. Sometimes, DSL/Cable too will do fine.
    3. Use the PRO version, it gives more search results and thus more #'s
    4. Dont download unless the connection to the server is at Very Good at least.
    5. U can use Lime Wire Acceleration Patch. Jus google for it.
    6. Make sure you have given it full access through a firewall.

@Raiden Bee - I never have problems like that at all. Never in my history of LW usage :)

4. Raiden Bee

Raiden Bee New Member

5. teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia t3h g04t

The simplest way of speeding up limewire is by sharing more files: In the Gnutella network, people sharing a larger number of files get priority over those who share fewer files. For example, in my earlier days when I used to have bout 10-200 files shared, I used to get stuck in queue for long amonts of time, now that I have many thousands of files set to share, even if I am mayme no 10 on a queue when I start I start dling within minutes and I have never been stuck in queue for any amount of time, even when I dl files which have maybe 2 to 3 sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.