Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
BLITZ~KRIEG! said:
limewire is infested with junk files of sizes 851 kb... is there any way to remove them?

i too face d same problem and these files are trojans. u search for anything on limewire and thousands of these 851 kb rar/zip files pop up. i downloaded one once and kaspersky detected it as a trojan so be careful guyz .. and do tell us how to get rid of these 851 kb trojans ??

Biplav

In the zone
well i think that was with a beta version of limewire.
try out the latest.i too faced the same problem but now i use the final edition and there are no such files.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Biplav said:
well i think that was with a beta version of limewire.
try out the latest.i too faced the same problem but now i use the final edition and there are no such files.

i am using the final latest version i.e Lime Wire Pro 4.9.28

pupudada

Broken In
i to am using the final version and `scan spyware' caught `grokster', `kazaa' and one more in the registries.. high risk! :?

anubhav_har

In the zone
Just check... see that the size mentioned matches the approx size. ie. if you are downloading an mp3 then it should be around 3-5mb but if it is 859kb then it is something else. Therefore hit and trial method has to be used. Be sure to use an antivirus and a antispyware while using Limewire

ApoCalypse

Broken In
hey i'm using limewire 4.8.1
is it a beta version? i can't find any mention of it newhere
my anti-spyware did not detect any spyware though..

what registry files are you talking about?
and in which form does this trofan manifest itself?

pupudada

Broken In
do not remember the exact string, but it was in hkey_local_machine. if i ever use that application again, i'll keep a note of the same :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
ApoCalypse said:
hey i'm using limewire 4.8.1
is it a beta version? i can't find any mention of it newhere

Limewire 4.8.1 is not a beta version but an older version.

Don't download files of size 851.7KB They are automatically generated files with names of very pouplar softwares and games. Use commen sense while downloading.

FasTrack

Journeyman
I've been using Lime Wire for a long time.

Never had problems, but recently after formatting the system i have re-downloaded LW and it harldy works now.

Dosent at all connect to the network, i dont know whats wrong, suggestions to make it connect to the network plz.

kikass

Broken In
fastrack: make sure that your firewall is letting limewire connect. also enable Out Of Band searching in the options and try toggling the Ultra Peer option.

the 851.7 kb files are all over the place. search for anything and most results will be of that size. all of them are trojans and sadly not all AVs detect them. i had a really bad experience with one of these. the only way around is to check the size of the file you want from some other website and download it only if it is something similar. mp3s are not a problem cause you can preview them soon after starting.

limewire is by far the best app for sharing (excluding torrents). i am using 4.9 pro

Biplav

In the zone
i deleted all the contents of the folder blitz`kreiz
the folder is an invisble one;
even u turn off "hide folders" frm folder menu;it wont show.
so manually access by typing the address and then delete the contents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom