Limewire users ... cross fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
RIAA Sues LimeWire Over Copyright Infringement

The RIAA has filed yet another lawsuit in its crusade against peer-to-peer file sharing networks, this time targeting the popular LimeWire network.

In the complaint the RIAA alleges that Lime Group LLC and its associates "actively facilitating, encouraging and enticing'' its users to steal music and that the company is doing nothing to block access to copyrighted works. The RIAA further alleges that Lime Group LLC has built a business model that allows them to directly profit from piracy.

Full Article

napster was shut .... i hope this does not go the same way ...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
That's true. They must allow only free (non-copyrighted) stuff. This is not new.
Napster already tasted this medicine!! It's time for Linewire to act; put stringent
rules in place & block copyrighted works.

T

thunderbird.117

Napter is a centralised so it was shut down. Limewire is decentralised so it cant be shut down by those riaa.

thadeus

Broken In
RIAA will always have a lot of trouble controlling piracy. And no, GNUTella network can not be shut down - it is bad news for RIAA, and good news for many.

Torrents need to become more user friendly to gain popularity, but I think more than P2P, torrents are enabling large scale piracy coupled with the increasing availability of broadband bandwidth.

I guess piracy cannot be controlled even by reducing the prices of CDs. Even if a song is made available for 1 rupee, one would prefer to download a single torrent that contains 500 songs over one night using his free night browsing plan offered by ISPs nowadays. Now how could you control that?

It would be interesting to see how piracy would happen 5 years from now. i bet RIAA's lawyers will be billionaires by then.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup limewire cant be shut down.... and neways torrent rocks..... the only thing is u dont find old things on torrent as the they hav very less peers/seeds

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
actually lime wire and bit commet serve different purposes for me .... i dont use lime wire for movies and softwares .... torrents are more reliable but for mp3s and clips etc lime wire is awesome

harshitjain

Broken In
limwire is a very imp soft for me as i download all my study material via it. if it closes down it'll be a great schock to me

LegendKiller

In the zone
guys,guys don't worry!
we have cabos and also limewire team's very own frostwire,coz this news has been out for months and which is why limewire team has re-branded limewire as frostwire and have claimed that this will never go legal...
Frostwire:frostwire.com

PrinceHeart

In the zone
looks like limewire is a useful program for lots of users not only from this forum but also from users all over this planet. I personally use limewire pro. I will definately not like it to get stopped. Not untill im using the internet anyway :p after that .. they can do what they want :)

cheerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom