LightZone : 1'st Professional Photo Editor for Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/4027/LightZone-logo-Vanity.jpgA free Linux version of the award-winning LightZone photo-editing software has been released yesterday.

Light Crafts, the producing company of LightZone, announced yesterday the availability of a beta release for the photo-editing software. With the help of this version, Linux users now have all the LightZone tools for editing and improving digital photos that Windows and Mac users have already had, including the ZoneMapper and Re-Light tools.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/4025/lightzone.png​

With LightZone, you can improve any photo regardless of camera type. It doesn't matter if you take a photo with a mobile phone, a point and click or a professional camera. The application is very intuitive, applies very fast changes and can eliminate some repeatable tasks, such as red eye or back lighting.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/4024/c92282deec31f5dd8ff3a54463f035a8.jpg​

With ZoneMapper and Zone Tools, digital photographers can easily apply the ZoneSystem, developed by Ansel Adams in 1941, in order to produce photos with exceptional exposure and tonal ranges. The ZoneMapper Tool helps the users to find similar exposure areas within a photo, and the Zone Tool adjusts these tonal groups.

The LightZone Relight feature recaptures the High Dynamic Range (HDR) images a person saw when he/she took a photograph. LightZone doesn't require any special purpose camera settings or multiple exposures.
Fabio Riccardi, CEO, Light Crafts said: "The Linux release is our latest initiative to make LightZone available to as many users on as many operating systems as possible. Light Crafts serves a diverse Linux community consisting of many creative individuals who want the same high quality, robustness and powerful commercial photo-editing tools that are available for Windows and Mac users. With LightZone for Linux, we can provide even more photographers with easy-to-use and innovative software."
The new version, 3.3B Beta, was tested on popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Red Hat, Debian, etc. The tests will continue on other distros, too.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/4026/LightZone.jpg​

Download : Light Zone
Source : LightZone First Professional Photo Editor for Linux Users | Press release | LightZone

This is just a stepping stone for professional software availability in linux. Expect more to follow. Let more and more developers flock to linux.

PS: This was more appropriate in the Technology News Section

praka123 said:
well,proprietary companies are interested in Linux revolution :)
I told you the old story, didn't I? If you are after money, then its not advicable to invest on a medium controlled by a single possibly unstable body. Due to being OSS, Linux is Forever. If M$ got short of $ and went kaput, then all developers dependant on Windows will be in a dilema after a few years, when their products can't run for many clients. But with Linux, even if developement of linux stops(which can vever ever happen) the source code available will mean that a developer can still give his clients a version of the OS in which his app runs.

The above applies only if linux is suffitiently popular, which is definitely happening now. Thus, software developing firms/indivuduals are attracted to Linux.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
They charge $250 (Lite version: $150). You get only 30 days trail.

Anyway good news for Linux users.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
also its not suited in open source section, this is not Open source.
Mods please move it to appropriate place*farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/2123380452_f6362e5b67_o.png

goobimama

 Macboy
Anyway, I've used Lightzone, and it's far from a Pro app... (if it's the same thing that is. Seems to be). But still, I guess it's something...

x3060

A LOTR fan
now i need 3ds max :) :) :). . and photoshop official release , fusion or combustion or after effects . thats it , bye bye windows :)

x3060 said:
now i need 3ds max :) :) :). . and photoshop official release , fusion or combustion or after effects . thats it , bye bye windows :)
Gautham's list of wanted linux software:

1. GTA Series
2. NFS Series
3. FIFA Series
4. Adobe Creative Suite
5. Adobe Photoshop
6. Adobe Dreamweaver
7. Adobe Flash Suite
8. Adobe Fireworks
9. A GOOD FREEWARE HD-DVD AND BLU-RAY PLAYER

Status
Not open for further replies.