Libraries installation problem in FC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu283

Broken In
I'm using FC4 on a P4-HT , whenever I try to configure MPlayer7 with the gui enabled, the following error is encountered:

Code:
Checking for GTK version ...
Error: The GUI requires GTK devel packages (which were not found).

Following this error, I installed the latest gtk-devel packages available on the mirror sites of FC and updated the system. However, the problem persists everytime I try to reconigure MPlayer even with the latest libraries installed.

A similar pblm is with the installation of XMMS (since xmms isn't shipped any more with FC) the error msg thrown at the console in this case is:
Code:
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first ***
Here also I dwnlded the available rpm glib-1.2.10-16.src.rpm on the FC mirrors, but agen when I try to configure xmms, the same error message is encountered. A locate on glib-conf yields no results even after running "updatedb"

If anyone is familiar with the installation of libraries, it'd be great if you could help me out in getting the stuff to work. I guess the problem is smwhere with registering of libraries, (may be thats why it can't find the package even after installation), if at all its neccessary.
plz help it... :arrow:

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
why dont u download the xmms and mplayer for FC4 from the "freshrpms" site (search google) .Here u may download all the rpm's for multimedia which is not included in FC4.actually i was facing the same problems with xmms amd mplayer.I hope ur problems will end with rpms for FC4.

sba

Journeyman
compiling apps from source on rpm based distros is real PITA...be it Fedora, Mandriva, SUSE or any other distro for that matter. thus it is better to use software management tools. in case of Fedora, I would recommend using YUM. to know more about YUM, have a look here
*www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom