LG Flatron L1718S Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilliatnet

Right off the assembly line
My LG Flatron monitor was working very fine. It happened this week, that it got "Wave" like things going around my monitor. Its really painful for the eye. My current resolution is "1280x1024".

But when i changed my resolution to "1280x960". The "waves" disappears!

I have an on board ATI X200 Series graphics card. Intel motherboard D102GCC2(Dual Core).

Can any one of you guys help me out why i am getting the wave like appearance? plz! :confused:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
change the "refresh rate".

the onboard gfx. cant handle that level of resolution.

so either stick to lower resnl. or buy a gfx. card.

OP
G

gilliatnet

Check your monitors manual to see if it supports that resolution.

Previously i was using "1280x1024" resolution only sir! There was no problem But suddenly i got this wavy things

change the "refresh rate".

the onboard gfx. cant handle that level of resolution.

so either stick to lower resnl. or buy a gfx. card.

But i used that higher resolution for a year, and there was no problem. i got this problem suddenly. When i use lower resolution, i can notice changes like, the face of actor are becoming somewhat conical. it's not like the previous one! and sir, i am using the lowest refresh rate of 60 Hz only.

My question is whether there's problem with my monitor or my graphics card?

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Assuming that your monitor is CRT, a refresh rate of 60 Hz is not advisable and can be strain to the eyes. Try 85 or at least 75.

Try with another monitor to eliminate graphics/driver problem.

OP
G

gilliatnet

Assuming that your monitor is CRT, a refresh rate of 60 Hz is not advisable and can be strain to the eyes. Try 85 or at least 75.

Try with another monitor to eliminate graphics/driver problem.

I am using flatron TFT LG monitor! not CRT. when i reduced my resolution from "1280x1024" to "1280x960". i cant see the wave
do u think my monitor is gone, or my graphics card gone?

RexRazr

Broken In
u should try attachin another monitor to ur pc and see if it makes the same prob...or rather try borrowing a PCI-E graphics card from anyone and plug it in ur mobo and verify
(i think ur monitor is gone anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom