LG combo drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg84

Broken In
alright heres another one...i have an LG combo drive, which has been giving me quite a few problems recently...at times it can read a CD, at times it can't. also there are problems with writing on CD-RWs. most of them cant be read after they have been burned, not even on other drives. reading DVDs is not a problem. that the drive can handle pretty well. someone told me there have been quite a few complaints against LG combo drives. is anyone else out here(with the same drive) facing similar problems?

senthilrek

Broken In
First of all Combo drive is a failure one. If there is a problem in the drive you cant use the both (DVD & CDRW). So in future try to buy each separately. First try with the lens cleaner. In these case (CD,s not readable) check the buffer memory for the CDRW. If it (buffer) is low the probability for such problems is high. If it is high try quitting all the programs while writing or burning. Now if the problem is OK upgrade your RAM.

OP
C

cg84

Broken In
i've heard lens cleaners r not really a good option as they may damage the lens....dont know how much of it is true, but maybe u can clarify.
as for buffer memory, isnt that used just for writing CDs? or it used 4 reading CDs too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom