Level Up, Indiatimes Offer Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
Source :
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/arti...id=585&source=tt_dl&email=ashfame@hotmail.com

Level Up Network India, the country's first publisher of multiplayer online games, has announced that it has entered a strategic alliance with indiatimes.com to present Ragnarok, one of the country's most popular massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG).

Through Ragnarok, thousands of online players can interact with each other in real time, create their own avatars, form in-game guilds, go on exciting quests and events, and most of all use this character to live exciting parallel lives. Players can interact with their peers through in-game chats; they can meet new people online; and they can make new friends by building strong communities.

With this tie-up, users of indiatimes.com will now be able to get details of all Ragnarok in-game and offline events, participate in discussions on RagnaBoards, et al, by simply going on to "Indiatimes Gaming," the dedicated gaming microsite of indiatimes.com.

Commenting on the alliance, A B Colayco, chief executive officer, Level Up International, said that Level Up is excited to partner with Indiatimes, and the Bennett and Coleman group. He said that the wide user-base of Indiatimes and their multi-faceted strengths as a media and marketing company provides Level Up the right platform, to expand the popularity of Ragnarok among the youth.

Adding to this, Dinesh Wadhawan, chief executive officer, Times Internet, said that in an endeavor to offer their subscribers the most popular games, Indiatimes has entered into an alliance with Level Up, to evangelize gaming and the MMORPG space starting with Ragnarok.

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
MMORPG use relatively low bandwidth, although not confirmed about this one.
check out this link:
*www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/index.php/t-20154.html

geekhead83

Broken In
well ive been playing ragnarok since november last year and level up brought ragnarok to india a year before that.
this tie up will just give a bit more visibility to the game which i must add is very entertaining and somewhat addictive. and mind you, i wasnt interested in mmorpg's at all. but ragnarok is different and is loads of fun.

and the b/w usage is very very negligible....say 4-6 mb in 3hrs...

Vyasram

The pWnster
why cant game-devs do this in mp games. the servwer tracks the user for any input from both users. the input given by a goes to b and vice versa. All the game processes are done in their own system

this way can reduce a lot of bandwidth, correct me if i am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom