Less Power Consumption PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameAddict

In the zone
Hi,

I am planning to purchase a new (most probably AMD) PC. I need some guidelines on what to choose so that electricity consumption is as less as possible ( like brand/size of monitor, Hard Disk, Display Card etc.). I plan to buy 7200RPM HDD, GeForce 4 (at least), 17" Monitor. Any suggestions?

ByE!

GA

G

gxsaurav

Only AthlonXP below 2000+ requirs less power, or P4 with Willmate core, but these are old components

I have given configuration to many peoples here, for low pawer consumption PC, but with OLD hardware, however they are not bad despite being old, they are not meant for gaming

I remembar back in Fab I made a Home theator PC for a friend's sister, for Rs 20k, tell me your budget

[deXter]

Journeyman
For low power consumption, just use the standard ACPI settings, for eg, set your monitor to turn off after a min of idle time, slow down processor and IDE devices after idle time, etc..All of which and more can be done from the BIOS.

And you can also disable devices that you dont frequently use to save even more power. But the most savings you would get is from setting your monitor to turn off after a min..

But of course, LCDs and OLEDs have the lowest power consumptions, so if possible, opt for an LCD or an OLED display. Disadvantage is of course that they are quite costly, but the savings are worth it if you work on your PC for long hours.

If you want to know how much power each piece of hardware consumes than check out this table - fill in different versions of each hardware and see the result. This is more for calculating the SMPS requirements but it will give you an idea about the amount of power used by each component

*takaman.jp/D/?english

[deXter said:
]But of course, LCDs and OLEDs have the lowest power consumptions, so if possible, opt for an LCD or an OLED display.

Are OLEDs available in India ? I wonder what type of price they will be initially. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom