Leopard looks like … Vista !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Leopard looks like … Vista ...

1. New Leopard Desktop: Not a whole lot different from Vista’s Aero and Sidebar.

2. New Finder: Many of the same capabilities as the integrated “Instant Search” in Vista (the subsystem that Google is trying to get the Department of Justice to rule as being anti-competitive). The new Leopard Coverflow viewing capability looked almost identical to Vista’s Flip 3D to me.

3. QuickLook: Live file previews — just like the thumbnail preview capability available in Vista.

4. 64-bitness: Leopard is the first 64-bit only version of a desktop client. Vista comes in 32-bit and 64-bit varieties. And most expect Windows Seven will still be available in 32-bit flavors. Until 32-bit machines go away, it seems like a good idea to offer 32-bit operating systems.

5. Core animation: Not sure what the Vista comparison is here. The demo reminded me of Microsoft Max photo-sharing application. The WWDC developers attending the Jobs keynote didn’t seem wowed with this functionality.

6. Boot Camp. You can run Vista on your Mac. Apple showed Vista running Solitaire in its WWDC demo. But I bet those downloading the 2.5 million copies of Boot Camp available since last year are running a lot of other Windows business apps and games.

7. Spaces: A feature allowing users to group applications into separate spaces. I haven’t seen anything like in in Vista, but the audience didn’t seem overly impressed by it.

8. Dashboard with widgets. Isn’t this like the Vista Sidebar with gadgets?

9. iChat gets a bunch of fun add-ons (photo-booth effects, backrops, etc.) to make it a more fully-featured videoconferencing product. The “iChat Theater” capability Jobs showed off reminded me of Vista’s Meeting Space and/or the new Microsoft “Shared View” (code-named “Tahiti”) document-sharing/conferencing subsystems.

10. Time Machine automatic backup. Vista has built-in automatic backup (Volume Shadow Copy). It doesn’t look anywhere near as cool as Time Machine. But it seems to provide a lot of the same functionality..."

full read at *blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=505

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
anandk said:
"Leopard looks like … Vista ...

4. 64-bitness: Leopard is the first 64-bit only version of a desktop client. Vista comes in 32-bit and 64-bit varieties. And most expect Windows Seven will still be available in 32-bit flavors. Until 32-bit machines go away, it seems like a good idea to offer 32-bit operating systems.

5. Core animation: Not sure what the Vista comparison is here. The demo reminded me of Microsoft Max photo-sharing application. The WWDC developers attending the Jobs keynote didn’t seem wowed with this functionality.

6. Boot Camp. You can run Vista on your Mac. Apple showed Vista running Solitaire in its WWDC demo. But I bet those downloading the 2.5 million copies of Boot Camp available since last year are running a lot of other Windows business apps and games.

7. Spaces: A feature allowing users to group applications into separate spaces. I haven’t seen anything like in in Vista, but the audience didn’t seem overly impressed by it.

8. Dashboard with widgets. Isn’t this like the Vista Sidebar with gadgets?
An audience of 5000 and this dumb author who hasn't used a Mac in her life, goes gaga about the crowd not yelling on top of thier voices. Goddamn media.

Apple h/w all support 64 bit now and they are making good use of it, finally even making the buyer's hardware work at full efficieny and she whines about letting 32 bit computing go on when it doesn't matter to Apple at all, they are already up ahead.

Alright, at WWDC, they just wanted to show that they are running Vista on BootCamp. Now she wants them to run CS3, or what? Just plain dumb. It runs and that's their point. What's her point? I am an idiot?

Dashboard existed for a much longer time before Vista even came out, what a loser.

Wait, what's wrong, she should have been blonde, but isn't. :rolleyes:

AnandK - Why on earth do you post such idiotic blog posts and spoil my morning :( Anyway, you got me a name not to trust anymore, "Mary Jo Foley". Post some valid ones man, there must be tons better out there than this.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
QwertyManiac said:
AnandK - Why on earth do you post such idiotic blog posts and spoil my morning :( Anyway, you got me a name not to trust anymore, "Mary Jo Foley". Post some valid ones man, there must be tons better out there than this.

why do u guys get so worked up a when u read things which dont appeal to you ? :confused: cant we learn to show some maturity and and read what the author has to say, and then yes, feel free to disagree. Chill bro, :) the world will be full of ppl saying things u dont wanna hear ;-) r u going to let them spoil all ur mornings :D

But hope u are feeling better now buddy ! :oops:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
QwertyManiac said:
I can read all those Gx vs. Arya threads and still feel good, not MARY JO FOLEY! :D
I dont understand wht is ur problem...I have always seen such rude statements from ur side when it comes MAC Vs Windows. It is truely said
"A apple user automatically becomes their sales man."

praka123

left this forum longback
^ qwetry,u bought apple mac :D ?
@QM:I wanted to post how linux scores better than Win$ows in every aspect from "blogs", can i start posting it one by one after this type of posts.I can understand the feelings,man.one thing they want to prove that is UNIX and UNIX-like OS are inferior.the gaming shell(foobar is a gaming shell trying to be an operating system) made fanboys!hmm... :( the hidden fanboyism that makes trolls..

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
The Unknown said:
Someone tell me what is this leopard you guys are talking about. :?:
lol

lepord is thr most advanced operating system in the world and it is apple's latest release

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
max_demon said:
vista copied tiger
lepord copied vista

It is all the same !! i still like Tiger

So ultimately doesn't that mean that Leopard copied it's older version Tiger? Vista just acted as a middle agent..:-D:-D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
max_demon said:
lol

lepord is thr most advanced operating system in the world and it is apple's latest release
Who said it is most advance OS in the world.Must be a apple user..who are also their salesman.

sandeepk

Journeyman
max_demon said:

How you are so sure without even handling it for one time? As quoted by others you are truly a Apple Saleman:)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
except for Goobimama :D
You'd be surprised. :lol:

As for the first post and the corresponding blog entry, this person has never even used Tiger nor has she read anything about it or seen any screenshots or videos and she thinks she is qualified enough to comment on Leopard. LOL! Almost everything she talks about was there in Tiger. She is a stupid idiot and I won't waste any time commenting on all her points individually.

praka123

left this forum longback
aryayush said:
You'd be surprised. :lol:

As for the first post and the corresponding blog entry, this person has never even used Tiger nor has she read anything about it or seen any screenshots or videos and she thinks she is qualified enough to comment on Leopard. LOL! Almost everything she talks about was there in Tiger. She is a stupid idiot and I won't waste any time commenting on all her points individually.
Now she will be called by anti-UNIX(a feverous mental condition caused by the prolonged usage of "the gaming shell trying to be an operating system" ;) ) as Blessed MARY JO FOLEY! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom