• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Lenovo Launches Budget Laptops ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
Lenovo has launched its G Series notebooks, meant to be a budget offering for value-conscious customers looking to make the leap from desktops to notebooks.

The flagship model, the G400, features Intel's Pentium Dual-Core T2080 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB) processor, and comes with a 14.1-inches WXGA high-definition glossy wide-screen display, in a sleek Silver cover.

The G400 comes with: a 4-in-1 Memory Card reader, high-speed 56K modem, wireless 802.11 bg technology, and integrated Bluetooth v2.0. It weighs about 2.35kg, and has a battery life of up to four hours with pre-loaded Energy Cut 2.1 software for effective power management.

The laptop also features: an integrated microphone, Realtek High Definition Audio with a greater than 8cc chamber design for impeccable sound, and limited edition Power2Go 5.5 multimedia software for recording various forms of data.

All G Series notebooks operate on DOS; and are equipped with Lenovo's high touch full-sized keyboard -- inspired by its 'Thinkpad' keyboard design, and the 'One Key Recovery' system that allows users easily recover data in the event of a crash.

The Lenovo G Series notebooks are immediately available at all Lenovo authorized storefronts for prices starting at Rs 31,750.

Source : http://www.techtree.com/

PS : WOW .... truely BUDGET lappy .....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ax3 said:
Lenovo has launched its G Series notebooks, meant to be a budget offering for value-conscious customers looking to make the leap from desktops to notebooks.

The flagship model, the G400, features Intel's Pentium Dual-Core T2080 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB) processor, and comes with a 14.1-inches WXGA high-definition glossy wide-screen display, in a sleek Silver cover.

The G400 comes with: a 4-in-1 Memory Card reader, high-speed 56K modem, wireless 802.11 bg technology, and integrated Bluetooth v2.0. It weighs about 2.35kg, and has a battery life of up to four hours with pre-loaded Energy Cut 2.1 software for effective power management.

The laptop also features: an integrated microphone, Realtek High Definition Audio with a greater than 8cc chamber design for impeccable sound, and limited edition Power2Go 5.5 multimedia software for recording various forms of data.

All G Series notebooks operate on DOS; and are equipped with Lenovo's high touch full-sized keyboard -- inspired by its 'Thinkpad' keyboard design, and the 'One Key Recovery' system that allows users easily recover data in the event of a crash.

The Lenovo G Series notebooks are immediately available at all Lenovo authorized storefronts for prices starting at Rs 31,750.

Source : http://www.techtree.com/

PS : WOW .... truely BUDGET lappy .....
Instead of Dos they should atleast give linux or windows starter edition

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I think DOS is fine, as no OS will be loaded. The customer is not paying for anything and can install any OS of his choice. But if the customer demands then I think Lenovo should consider setting up an OS for him/her.

Btw, good to see Lenovo lappies in the 30k segments :)

T

titun

If we are talking about cheap/budget laptops from Lenovo then I should also inform that Lenovo aleady has 3000 series in which few are quite cheap ones, like i bought this 3000 series Y500 43Q for Rs 26,000 3 months ago!

It's got 1.73 GHz celeron processor, 80GB HDD 512MB RAM, DVD-Combo, Wifi, DolbyDigital Surround sound.

It lacks bluetooth, DVD Writer [i have no requirement for them....others might need it]

Currently this Ubuntu 7.04 machine serves as my main production center @office [i am newbee web-developer :) ] and it's good-sized 15.4 inch screen gives me my daily dose of full-screen entertainment.

At approx 2.8 Kg it is not light-weight....but i carry it to work everyday... coz i do not have money to buy 900 gram TOSHIBA or VAIO ;)

So the moral of the story is if someone is thinking of buying a cheap laptop [you can't call it a budget laptop ;)] consider this one, now it's price should be around 24/25K.......

This one.

din

Tribal Boy
One thing - form my experience - the Thinkpad are excellent in build quality and reliability. They may not look flashy or 'glamorous' but they are really good when it comes to perfomance.

And I heard even after it became Lenevo, its same, I mean the quality.

T

titun

Yes the laptop as a whole is very good, i am very satisfied with the pricing and the things offered... and every component of it feels sturdy... not cheap ....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Is thinkpad still available?
Whats da diff b/w thinkpad nd lenovo nd which is better? both in case of ergonomics nd perfomance.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Dunno about Lenovo but the Thinkpads are as strong as a fortified wall. There are no second thoughts about it. They are the sturdiest but also the ugliest!

din

Tribal Boy
@aravind_n20

Thinkpad is lappy from IBM.

Later they sold (or under their control ?) the PC / Lappy division to Lenevo, the chinese company. So all new lappys are lenevo now, not Thinkpad.

I do not know about Lenevo lappys (no personal experience) but Thinkpad is the best - and yes, the looks are not good at all, its like a back colored box ! But I love it - a personal like.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ only some left over/unsold models are available. They wanna finish off those stocks and come up wid an all Lenovo brand Laptops.

nix

well for DVD RW...you can consider the dell vostro 1000. i have the same one too...it is simple to look at but has XP, AMD 64 bit and 1 GB RAM and speed i am not sure but i think its 1.7 GHz... i think you can get it for <35k. the lenovo laptop looks cool to me with the glossy finish et al. only thing is its a lil too basic... load linux into it and youre good to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom