Left handed gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Any left handed gamers here? I want to know what mouse you use for gaming and how you rate it. Also what tweaking you do for controls in games when it is biased to right handers?

blackleopard92

In the zone
i am left handed, and frankly the gaming world hardly recognises that we exist.. :(

i generally mod the keyboard keys for FPS to OKL;
OKL; offer lot more more choices of buttons with shift and ctrl being in reach which is a problem with IJKL.

blademast3r

In the zone
u kno this is a very intuitive topic....u might jus give keyboard manufacturers and gaming progs the next product!!

Hi all,

u kno this is a very intuitive topic....u might jus give keyboard manufacturers and gaming progs the next product!!

I wish... :(

Neways... me am left handed n i used to play q3 n ut like crazy during the good old days... *sigh* i miss IIT - Delhi...

I somehow always stuck with the below controls...

Forward - Up Arrow.
Back - DOwn Arrow
Left strafe - Left Arrow
Right strafe - Right arrow
Jump - Ctrl

For weapon bindings... i used Shift, NUM0, 1 & 2, Delete , End and Pagedown

gives me access to 7 outta ten weapons .. not that bad...

never could get used to the OKL scheme of things..

As for the mouse it was always either a Dell, Logi or MS... MS kinda skipped a bit with me so trashed it l8r...

I WANT MX 510!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!

Ciao ppl...

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Back in the days of q3 and hl there were so few keys that it wud fit in arrow keys , shift , ctrl and the 3 keys above arrow keys viz del end and pgdn. Anything extra would go to num0. But now with so many keys and all being needed in a firefight, it has become problematic. F.E.A.R had the slow mo and focussed aim. Also the flashlight needed to be nearby. Singleplayers are still manageable but multiplayer games like cs source even reload needs to be mapped to easily accessible key for the competitive advantage. There also needs to be key for crouching , running nearby.
Right handers got qerfcxz123 tab for all those keys. But they have a disadvantage because accientally hand might slip from wasd to esdf.
I generally keep
ctrl -crouch
shift - run
num0 - jump
end - flashlight
backspace - drop weapon
del-reload
scroll wheel - cycle weapons
arrow keys - movement
wasd - look up down left right
mouse buttons - primary and alternate fire.

Can anyone suggest me a good gaming mouse for large left hand ( I am 6'3" 90kg ; just so that you get an idea of my hand size) preferably with xtra programmable or sensitivity changing buttons on the right side of the mouse so that I can click them with my thumb. I cant spare more than 7k but preferably less than 5k.

@blackleapord92
ONI used to have such keys for left handers but I found that sometimes i accidentally move my hand to pl;' or ijkl keys in thick of a fight and would realise it after an expensive 3-5 seconds. Dont you have that problem

@rakesh14021983
Which microsoft mouse did you have? I used Comfort optical 3000 and it was awesome. Unfortunately the left mouse button isnt working well since last week and I am on a hunt for a better mouse. What exactly is clipping?

blackleopard92

In the zone
it was a problem, but a little bit of practice, and it got sorted out.

i think it was because we for WASD our hand has to make a large angle to have those keys aligned correctly, which isn't the issue with OKL;. But because our hand got used to WASD, it would shift sometimes to IJKL, but that's for a few games only.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
rakesh14021983 said:
Neways... me am left handed n i used to play q3 n ut like crazy during the good old days... *sigh* i miss IIT - Delhi...

I somehow always stuck with the below controls...

Forward - Up Arrow.
Back - DOwn Arrow
Left strafe - Left Arrow
Right strafe - Right arrow
Jump - Ctrl

For weapon bindings... i used Shift, NUM0, 1 & 2, Delete , End and Pagedown

gives me access to 7 outta ten weapons .. not that bad...

never could get used to the OKL scheme of things..

^^^ Same keys here too .. :D ..

blackleopard92

In the zone
i asked some leftie gamers on what they do, and some of them move WASD to ESDF. i tested it and it's good too.
this config fully utilizes the range of thumb and index finger ( the most nimble ones) to get those extra buttons. also, they hardly deviate from WASD soo one can get easily comfie with them too

Wazaaaaa biiiiiiatches!!!!!

Which microsoft mouse did you have? I used Comfort optical 3000 and it was awesome. Unfortunately the left mouse button isnt working well since last week and I am on a hunt for a better mouse. What exactly is clipping?

I used the IntelliMouse... N are u asking me about clipping or mouse skipping??

Clipping is, in very simple terms , when u can see solid objects protruding thru another solid object... Eg... If you play CS you will notice this a lot.. when a guy dies double door...(lets say in Aztec) .. his body is half inside and half outside... or in other words...thru the door.. thats clipping..

N skipping is when your mouse moves completely to leave you stranded in a heated FPS game... happened to me a gazillion times :( ...

Imagine this... Q3DM17.. your opponent takes the jump pad to the rail platform... hehehe.. BIG MISTAKE.. cuz i already got the rail and am waiting for the noob to jump... you aim...... *WICKED LAUGH* annddddd.... WAIT.. whats this.??? he is no longer in my cross air!!!!! Instead my cross hair is pointed on the ground... WHat the f????? ... Now that my brother is skipping... ROYAL PI$$ OFF...

As for your query about the mouse , I really cant answer that for you cuz different people are suited to different mice..

but i got something which will make u n everyone on this thread drool ...

dunno if you heard of Razer Copperhead..

Here are the specs..

2000 DPI!!!!!

32 KB Onboard Memory.. (yes you read right... memory for a mouse.. this enables you to store upto 5 different gaming profiles in the mice' memory.. whenever you play a different game just use the profile for that one by a click on the button...)

Response time of 1ms.. (normal gaming mice have a response time of 8ms... trust me.. thats a huge difference..)

N this baby looks awesome too...

check it out ..

*www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_17&products_id=11

Price?? ONLY $69.99 + shipping + x + y +z = bank account empty. :))

CIAO ppl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom