lead-in lead out failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyo

Broken In
hi guys. this is so bad. i just bought a lite-on 1635s and my first write failed. it gave me an error saying lead-in lead-out failed. i used frontech media to burn. is this a problem with media or the drive itself? not only that it also failed to write on the cd-rw, local brand. giving a lead-in lead-out error. i'm very much worried abt this as i bought it just yesterday. please help me out!

PrinceHeart

In the zone
lead-in and lead-out are sectors used for the start and end tracks of the data you're writing on the blank media.

Check if your blank CDs are compatible with the writer you're using.
lead-in and lead-out errors usually occurs when you write a full CD which exceed the file size. To check the exact size of the date - Right click and see the property of the total files which shouldn't exceed 650MB or 700MB(depending on the type of blank CDs you using).

With the CD-RW CDs - if you're using all the space in that CD, always tick - FINALISE CD(no futher write). If not using full space - always use with "buffer underun protection".

Hope this may help.

peace

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
guys this is really serious! i tried flashing my drive with the latest firmware. it went upto 2% and reported that the utitlity was unable to flash contact ur vendor. tell me what to do? this is really serious!

my drive detected the firmware to be YSOW and i tried flashing it wit YSOZ. can you guys give me the link for the previous version of firmware. now it doesn't even read the cds! i'm virtually crying.

what shud i tell the vendor abt this. my drive is more than dead. will he give me a replacement warranty?

is there anyway i can undo it? please reply fast. i'm thinking abt returning it in a few hours. whats the best i can do right now? how to convince the vendor to give me a replacement warranty?

did any of u guys face a problem with flashing? if so what did u do?

i don't think i've done anything wrong. followed all the instructions before flashing. maybe the rom chip is at fault? whats the best bet now. shud i tell the vendor abt it or simply pretend abt not knowing anything?

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Try flashing it again with this tool: *club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom