Latest OS and Browser statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Windows Vista usage is on the rise; IE7 installations may eclipse IE6's by year's end. Vista's predecessor! Windows XP, fell a nearly commensurate percentage, according to Net Applications Windows' overall share continues to exceed 92%.

Vista's share has grown from 0.2% to 9.2% since the beginning of the year. XP's share, meanwhile, has fallen from to 78.4% from 85% at the beginning of the year. Windows Vista made its biggest leap yet in November, with the operating system now in use on nearly one out of ten Internet-connected computers, according to a research firm.

Internet Explorer 7's share continued to grow, to nearly 37%. It is poised to eclipse its predecessor, IE6, which fell more than 3% to 40.2%. Altogether, IE held 77.4% of the market, down from 80% at the beginning of the year.

Linux was in use on 0.6% of PCs worldwide. Mac platform's share continued to grow, reaching nearly 7%. IE's main competition, Firefox, held 16%.

*www.computerworld.com/action/artic...articleId=9050498&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
let me save all the OSS and mac supporters some time and let me type their reply

OSS & Mac Boys - This is a biased review mummy this is a biased reviewed aaaahhhh ah wining wining and more trolling

on the topic: damn it is expected :p great goin MS

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Offtopic

Am soo very happy. Thanks for the news !!!! More the no of losers use dumb products better for me in this competitive world to be successful !!

PS dumb product can be : IE,Firefox or Opera
Whatever is dumb for you .. ! its dumb for you not me !

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Gigacore said:
MS Rocks *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/111.gif
I completely agree..!
Enginners at MS are one of the smartest !

hey well but these days smartest people are at Google .. MS comes 2nd ! As its evident from Google being most sought out .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
I completely agree..!
Enginners at MS are one of the smartest !

hey well but these days smartest people are at Google .. MS comes 2nd ! As its evident from Google being most sought out .

its lot abt marketing and business than developing.
Even a lame product can be successful if given publicity.

axxo

99.9% Idle
T159 said:
its lot abt marketing and business than developing.
Even a lame product can be successful if given publicity.

an example would be dachshund hare...what a piece of crap software...but very popular on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom