Laptop Woes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna_don

Broken In
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A65 Laptop with the following configuration...

CPU : Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Intel Celeron
Motherboard : Toshiba Portable PC
RAM : 256 MB
HDD : 60 GB
Video : ATI Radeon Mobility 7000 IGP

Operating System : Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
BIOS Version/Date : TOSHIBA Version 1.10

I have a few problems...if u can please help me sort them out..

1.My laptop is close to 2yrs old and battery backup is barely 20 minutes after a full charge..Toshiba spare parts are hard to come by. I even mailed the Toshiba India Company. They havent bothered to reply yet. Would you know where I can find a Toshiba battery? If i cant find one, is it possible for me to use battery that belongs to another company? What would be the approximate cost?

2.My laptop heats up tremendously...and occasionally {which is quite rarely} the system shuts down by itself..What can I do about this?Now i keep my laptop raised between two books so that the system doesnt warm up.. It has been two years and not a single nut on this system has been loosened...

will be grateful for any help...thank you

shovik

Banned
For your first problem getting original Toshiba batteries are really hard enough to find. If you are in Mumbai then try out Lamington Road or Heera Panna behind Haji Ali.
For your second problem you have to get a cooling solution for your Laptop. You can get decent cooling solutions from brands like Thermaltake which are easy to find with distributors.. Follow the link below to view your requirement:

*www.thermaltake.com/product/cooler/nbcooling/cl-o0004/cl-o0004.asp
*www.thermaltake.com/product/Cooler/NBcooling/a2326/a2326.asp

But be ready to pay a good sum as these are imported product but you can be sure of the performance they offer..Hope your problem is solved...

Regards,
Shovik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom