Laptop on Laps

Status
Not open for further replies.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Hi all...

I have read on net as well as digit, that having laptops on laps for long time is harmful for teens.

Can anyone tell, how can we use laptops in a safe manner, for how long time, and do they really harm alot....

Googling on this topic returned same report on most of the sites....

Please help.... I wanna be nice with my children, who will born someday.... :lol:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Don't put them on your lap :lol:

No seriously, it's best if you place the laptop on a desk and then use it. If possible, elevate the back portion of the laptop so that air can flow in and out more easily. Also, avoid placing the laptop on stuff such as clothes as they will catalyze heat build-up.

IMO, it's best to put the laptop on a wooden desk and then use it. Do not let anything block the air vents/fans.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
theKonqueror said:
C'mon guys, i need 2 travel 2 hrs daily by bus. How can i carry a wooden desk with laptop?

get a thin sheet of lead :wink:
. lead is known to block radiations :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Lead is a very toxic metal if i am not mistaken. So in an attempt to save ur potency you wod be in bare needs to save ur life if u happen to get in touch with lead in large amount.

Check this link.

Honestly i dun think its this serious to think of such extreme possibilities. But a nice topic in discussion.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Nemesis said:
Don't put them on your lap :lol:
we know that cell phone emit radio signals ..
So, it is suggested that you put the Cell phone away from the laptop ..
there is possibility of damage to chips..
I dont remember where I read that .. may be Digit or Chip
Although I use my cell for internet, havent had any problem at all.

Nemesis, I dont think there is any reason for
Laptop to be kept away from the body ..

sumitava_b

In the zone
The ongoing discussion is nice and engrossing. But what I want to know is how our life will go on if we start observing all the nit-pick advices for our health. We know that cellphones cause brain tumour but can we allow ourself to throw our cellphone after reading this. Continuous looking into a bright monitor leads to many problems in cornea but can we dump them really. Todays's software engineers are getting victim of various bone diseases like osteoporosis only if you dont count the critical problem of obesity there. Here we are embracing the ultra-modern innovations and we have to face the cons of them.

Gadgets like laptop is expected to radiate. In fact it is always better to have ur lappie on a desk if u have the option. But given the situations and benefits of a laptop, one will be on move carrying it and in those situations suitable position may not be found other than ur lap. Like if u r in a car/flight u have to use it on ur lap. If this leads to decrease in ur fertility we cant prevent it, right. At most we can put a sticker on our lappie saying that "Using laptop on your lap is injurious to health" and continue using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom