laptop numpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishaan

Padawan
hi

in so many games...like the GTAs...u really need a numpad to play properly but in a laptop its kinda impossible to keep switchin on d numpad n switch off n return 2 normal....ne1 know a way 2 get around dis prob??...n i dont mean reconfigure the keys

does ne1 face this similar prob??

if i buy a USB keyboard n attach it to a laptop, will it work fine?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well i'd suggest not to play games on the lappy keyboard. the keys are kinda delicate and you kno how excited one gets while playing games like GTA!! ;)

get a cheap keyboard and plug it in...thats wot i do! yep, usb keyboard will work just fine, conventional ps/2 keyboards work fine and cost less too!

OP
I

ishaan

Padawan
wats the cheapest usb keyboard u can get?

and how dya attach a ps2 keyboard in a laptop if mine dont hav a ps2 port...dya get sum kinda ps2 to usb converter? if so, could u temme its approx price?

thanks

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yep, you get such converters. but if u wanna stay away from these things, get a plain jane usb keyboard for about 400bucks....thats the best thing to do.

hey, i dun think that ur lappy doesn't haf a ps/2 connector. check...it should haf one....at least that is one port which has survived the wrath of usb!!! ;)

OP
I

ishaan

Padawan
dude im pretty sure it doesnt have a ps/2 port...

is there any reason y i shud stay away from dose converters? does the keyboard lose some functionality or something if i use them?

if so, id prob go for the jane KB thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom