Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys
wanted to ask few questns.
I have a sony vaio tz27gn.
it has a core 2 duo u7600 1.2 ghz, onboard graphics( GMA 950) , 2gb ddr2 667 mhz ram. has a lot of pre installed applications. and vista business without SP 1. its not even a month old. the thing is tat it takes at least 5 mins to start. its quite slow. of course u cant expect wonders from a 1.2 ghz proccy. now these are my questns:
are ther any tweaks or something like that whichll speed this laptop a lil bit.
im gonna go to an engineering college. will this laptop be able to last for 4 years for all my needs??
im abig fan of aoe2. can i play it on vista usin any utility?
can i get the proccy upgraded. i did visit the vaio website. but there were no upgrgade options.
how much will this SP1 for vista improve my laptop's performnace and lastly to which present processor can this laptop's processor be compared to??
thnx in advance.

legolas

Padawan
now these are my questns:
1) are ther any tweaks or something like that whichll speed this laptop a lil bit.
2) im gonna go to an engineering college. will this laptop be able to last for 4 years for all my needs??
3) im abig fan of aoe2. can i play it on vista usin any utility?
4) can i get the proccy upgraded. i did visit the vaio website. but there were no upgrgade options.
5) how much will this SP1 for vista improve my laptop's performnace and lastly to which present processor can this laptop's processor be compared to??
1) Yes, it might. go to run-> msconfig -> startup and remove the programs that you find is unnecessary to start while your system starts (if you have not done already).
Run CCleaner and Tune up utilities 2008 and Hijack this to fix your registry entries and remove any unwanted or unnecessary things still running.
Disable unnecessary services that run like (computer browser if you are not connected to a network...) from here and here(and also from other sites with google search)
Use a defragmentor
2) depends on the programs and the course you are in. With 2 GB of Ram, I would say, most probably yes. But softwares like Autocad, Adobe suite, Matlab, 3d Max and Maya and stuffs keep surprising with their requirements... so say after 2 years.. you might have issues. Don't worry about it too much for now.
5) sp1, considerably yes. the boot time is supposedly reduced and there are many other fixes... It will definitely not degrade your performance. So go ahead.
3&4 better the people who know more answer it.

Last edited:
OP
U

undertakerthedead

Broken In
thnx and wat about the processor?? to which processor can it b compared with?? is this config enough to run recent games?( like nfs underground 2 smoothly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom