Laptop for 35,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
First of all, i know there is a separate thread for laptop realated queries. However, i want a quick reply so i'm posting it here.
I've a limited budget of 30,000-35,000. Please suggest the best laptop i can get at this price. I require the laptop for basic MS Office application so i don't need a high-end laptop.
Thank you all in advance.

E.T.

Broken In
You can go for one of those acer laptops. i forgot the model no. but it costs around 33k, got dvd-writer but a celeron-M processor. You wont get a centrino processor for 35k.

khansdream

Journeyman
You can also consider Sahara NB5610-L1 for 28k. with celeron-M, 40GB, 256MB, Combo Drive.

I brought one last friday for my father, he has simple works to do on it. Receiving and reading emails, lil works in excel. Its good for basic functions.

krish

Journeyman
See my siggy...this one is from Comapq....if u are interested in AMD, then you go for this one....the model number is Compaq Presario Notebook PC M2512AU....for details...pm me...

OP
plsoft

plsoft

Journeyman
Thanx krish, nways which one is faster in terms of processing, the AMD processor u mentioned or Intel celeron M 1.5 ghz?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
amd i guess...as a universal truth...wat i wanna know is i never heard amd for laps...is it better than centrino....does it come wit gud cnfg....

dude u need to increase ur budget a lil to get centrino...or u may even get in that wit lower cnfg....centrino is most known for mobile technologies these days so i recon u go wit dat....just my advice
gud luk

cheers

krish

Journeyman
plsoft said:
Thanx krish, nways which one is faster in terms of processing, the AMD processor u mentioned or Intel celeron M 1.5 ghz?

plsoft, well, I am using an AMD desktop for almost 2 years now and this AMD laptop for almost 6 months...And I've used celeron also. So if u consider gaming etc. as processing, then I can tell u that AMD is faaaaaaaaaar better then celeron. You will not get this kinda processing in this budget. Nowadays GHz does not matter. You have to check for FSB also. My votes for AMD for sure.

speedyguy said:
amd i guess...as a universal truth...wat i wanna know is i never heard amd for laps...is it better than centrino....does it come wit gud cnfg....

dude u need to increase ur budget a lil to get centrino...or u may even get in that wit lower cnfg....centrino is most known for mobile technologies these days so i recon u go wit dat....just my advice
gud luk

speedguy, I think u should be clear with the concept of Centerino. Centerino is not a processor but a name given to

Intel (Celeron M or PentiumM) + WiFi + 915 (PCIe) chipset.

So there's nothing like 'centerino' being faster then AMD or vice versa. If u are considering a Celeron M based lappy then definitely AMD one is better. And if u take Pentium M based lappy...then it is compareable to AMD.

Amd lappy can have:

AMD (Sempron M[32bit] or Turion [64 bit] + Wifi + ATI Radeon 200M [PCIe] chipset with 128 MB RAM for Graphics)

And one more thing to note is....if u want to go for Pentium M...mimnum budget should be 42-43K.....

So make your choice buddy..:)

Krish

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@ krish: thanx for info dude....do u got ne idea abt amd laps u mentioned...i mean wit performance n pricing , n can i hv agp or pci-e slots for external cards in laps....im doing engg n huntin to get a lap soon..

cheers

Last edited:

krish

Journeyman
sure speedguy, what do you want to know?? tell me the details about which you want to know....

Krish

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear khansdream it is to tell u that Sahara su**s.

plsoft as with other posts i too recommend Acer...its well priced...givs good service... good value 4money...

GO AHEAD WITH ACER...

happy laptop(ing)

-SUDE

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
there is a big problem of service with acer.. other wose they are the cheapest.. better still but a compaq presario v2000 series model.. u can easily get a centreno+915+wifi+mem card reader+irda+combo drv around 32000. six months ago i brought one with celeron 1.4 + intel 915 (so i can upgrade to centreno later and has pcie gfx onboard so ican rull some games)+768mb+40gb hdd+widescreen @ 30000rs

krish

Journeyman
No offences Rollercoster, but I want to correct you by again saying that there's no processor called "CENTERINO". Its a name given to a combined technology.....read the above post of mine for detailed discussion....

Krish

OP
plsoft

plsoft

Journeyman
Well to be clear, it's not Pentium M i'm talking about. I'll b using the laptop for basic MS office applications n other light multimedia applications. Thats why i emphasised my query on celeron based processor rather than the centrino ones, which are quite pricey. Nways thanks for the help guys.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well i wanna know....whether i can go for amd cpu's for laps or not n is it reasonable at pricing wit 64bit machine...n do we hv provisions for agp/pci-e slots in mobile technologies.....i want to a new system...for desk i wud certainly go wit amd but not sure abt laps...so need some advices...im also hunting for a gaming rig(as u can see) at best price possible

cheers

Sourabh

Laptoping
It is nice to see that you realize what your needs are. A Celeron M 370 clocked at 1.5 Ghz is more than enough for normal computing. Though it may not have the speed step technology of the Pentium M, and a mere 1 MB of L2 cache, MSOffice applications, Watching DVD movies, endless surfing, just about everything you want to do would be a breeze even with 256MB Ram. Dont go for the AMD mobile Semprons, chipsets for it are pathetic and have high power consumption.

I would suggest going in for a Lenovo 3000 C100 Its a nice deal especially with a 8 celled battery! It would mean a battery life of about 5 hours with wifi off. That is all what you want in a office laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom