Laptop Does Not Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Hi. I have a HP laptop. It was running very slowly for the last couple of days so i decided to defragment my drive. Using tune-up utilities i defragmented the drive. i also removed many programs from the startup manager. Now my laptop boots but after i enter my password it does not load. Can anyone help me? I have some very important documents on my hard disk which i need to access as soon as possible.

swatkat

Technomancer
Does it get stuck in "Welcome" screen? Are you able to boot in Safe Mode?
*www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

OP
deathwish

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Thank You.

Could you please tell me how to fix my laptop now. I do not know what the problem is. It is booting in safe mode. How do i restore the last known settings??

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
ACtaully the tune-up defragment will f*** ur sysy...........even i had this prob one

*Jus Press F8 during booting(before XP boot screen appears)
*Go to Previous OS Choice OPtion(some option name like chocing ur OS option)
*Select the one with TuneUp-Backup one
*or try system restore in safe mode(F8)

OP
deathwish

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
I'm sorry but i'm new to this, so could someone please tell me whether i will lose any files while using system restore.

swatkat

Technomancer
Before trying out System Restore, it's better to a disk check. When you boot into Safe Mode, open a Command Prompt window and type the following command:
Code:
chkdsk c: /f
Chkdsk will most probably say that the disk is locked and will ask whether you want to schedule a disk check on next bootup. Type "Y" or "Yes" to allow it. Next, reboot the PC and allow chkdsk to run. Once the disk check completes, try logging in in normal mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom