Laptop battery draining

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
I recently (about 7-10 days back) bought a Sony vaio VGN FZ-17G lappy for my dad. rough specs are given below :

Intel C2d T7300 2.0 Ghz (4MB L2 Cache)
169 GB 5400 RPM HDD
2 GB DDR2 667 Mhz RAM
15.4" Widescreen
Geforce 8400M GT gfx
MS Vista Home Premium

The prob is that even after i properly shut down the laptop, battery continues draining. for eg, recently i switched of the lappy with battery power 100% (was running on mains), but when i switched it on about 24hrs later, battery power had reduced to 89%. this is a major drawback since my dad travelss a lot an batt life is crucial to him.

what could be the prob and what can i do about it??

hailgautam

Youngling
You might be putting the system into Sleep mode rather than shutting it down since the useual ShutDown button on the Start Menu puts the comp in low power consuming Sleep mode and not off mode. To switch off the system you have to click the arrow button besides Lock button and from there switch off. Pls Check.

OP
xbonez

xbonez

NP : Crysis
nope dude, i'm definitely switching it off. i'd confirmed that as that was the first thing that came to my mind

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
New laptops batteries should once be drained completely and then charged to 100%. Did you do that? Doing so will make batteries give their best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom