Laptop at under or around 40K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameek1979

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I have the tricky job of selecting a laptop for my parents & since their needs are very basic (word docs, checking email on the internet & suck stuff), the budget i have been given is under 40K.

Most of the laptops in this category r Celeron or Sempron. Can anyone suggest anything better?

I know about the HCL V7901 laptop with AMD Turion coming at around 37K but i've heard that the chipset it has(VIA one) is not that good. Is this true?

Can neone help me?

digitizen

Journeyman
though you have said you dont want celeron laptops i cant resist suggesting you this . i have a compaq 5201 with 15.4 inch widescreen with celeron 1.7 ghz processor 256 mb ram and 40 gb hard disk . and i bought it three months back for 33,000 . so according to me its a good buy and i can even lay nfs most wanted on it , so running office aplications would be a breeze .

OP
S

shameek1979

digitizen said:
i have a compaq 5201 with 15.4 inch widescreen with celeron 1.7 ghz processor 256 mb ram and 40 gb hard disk . and i bought it three months back for 33,000.

Thanks for your reply. But i am unable to find this laptop. Could you please tell me more about it. Or better yet, maybe u can give a link on the hp site where details of this are given?

It would be a great help....

Eazy

Journeyman
Someone sent me this ad a few days back....

*img90.imageshack.us/img90/4747/adfordellkr1.th.jpg

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
dude go for v3000 series dude it is vry nice i thinnk increse your budget for v3133au it is 43115 it has 512 ram amd64X 2 dual core it has 80 gb hard disk and the main thing i like that it as a imprint finish its like lamination so that laptop does nt get spolies dude i get it has every thing man frm wifi ,bluetooth and every thing the only dis advantage is it has dos so u have to use prated window 2002 but i thik its nt a p[roblem dude i have an validation of 2002 window it like u make it original . i have it it cool and yaa it also has a geforce 6150 128 memory dude so it is colest man inb 43000 that too is with tax and everythoing take away k so u suggest u too only tae any laptop frm v3000 series dude so i think u should directly buy it
and the other thing is the cutting the person who is showing is true but read down 1000 rs for delivery charges and plus taxes vat and other dell have no service centre like compaq as have soo plzz buy it dude dont worry dude its a grt plus the speakar of com paq s og altec lanciong so imagine

Last edited:
OP
S

shameek1979

Thanks for that. I went to Dell's website and didn't find their Inspiron nice either. What they're giving for 40k can be easily had for 30-30K from other manufacturers.

I also think that the model u suggested is good. Do u have ne idea about the HCL model V7901. It is also an AMD Turion model with a VIA chipset. It is also coming at 37k. Would it make a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom