Language of Virus Writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Can somebody explain me in what languages the viruses are written? The Fasttrack book was nice! But I wan't to know whether it's the conventional c ,c++ are the languages used for writing viruses. Do the virus programmers put the replicating code inside an infinite( for) loop!?Somebody explain Plz?????? How can they modify another programs coding? :roll:

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Most virus writers prefer high level languages such as c,cpp etc.
Aso scripting languages such as pearl,vb script,jawa script are used extensively by virus writers.
But for hardcore virus writers the favourite choice is pure and simple ASSEMBLY language where you have no limitations at all.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Virus exist in different forms and nature...... If you consider a program that harms you as a virus then Virus can be written in Notepad to Turbo C++. No limitations at all. You can write a virus in any programming language. It depends upon the your knowledge and creativity and no programming language will limit you...........

Ashootosh

Broken In
well said khattam.........
even a two line batch file can become a virus (even though not very harmful), check it out, i did this in a my college computer(they were using xp):

in notepad:

@echo off
shutdown -r
@echo on

then I saved it as a.bat in startup folder and after this whenever pc starts it restart automatically after 60 secs........

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
UR creativity is the limit man.Looking at the no. of viruses gives u the answer.Any way Ashootoosh can u explain me wat u have done I can understand that u have placed it as one of the startup files.Abt that echo off and echo on that is where i dont even understand a bit

swatkat

Technomancer
if you use "@echo off" , subsequent commands in the Batch file after this statement does not get displayed. "@echo on" does the reverse thing of "@echo off".

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
He probably wants to know how you can undo the auto-shutdown effect once he has tried it somewhere.

I think deleting the batch file would suffice, offcourse within the 60 secs! :D

Ashootosh

Broken In
solution is->-> shutdown -a
it will stop pc from shutting down

try shutdown/? for more commands

xp has many hidden features try explore all those

shaunak

Tux Fan
Satissh S said:
Can somebody explain me in what languages the viruses are written? The Fasttrack book was nice! But I wan't to know whether it's the conventional c ,c++ are the languages used for writing viruses. Do the virus programmers put the replicating code inside an infinite( for) loop!?Somebody explain Plz?????? How can they modify another programs coding? :roll:

isnt the "for" loop only for java?

pirates1323

In the zone
khattam_ said:
If you consider a program that harms you as a virus then Virus can be written in Notepad to Turbo C++. No limitations at all.

:p :p 8) 8) In notepad.. cool :p :D ..... tell me how I can :p :twisted: :twisted: :D

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
shaunak said:
Satissh S said:

isnt the "for" loop only for java?
No , For loop is a basic loop structure that is almost in every programming language . It was designed for the elimination of GOTO statement from programs using the basic 7 control structures viz.
Sequence, three selection,three repetition.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Ashootosh said:
solution is->-> shutdown -a
it will stop pc from shutting down

try shutdown/? for more commands

xp has many hidden features try explore all those
Not a very good solution.............. This has to be done every time you restart and if the command is in the Batch file, not sure if it works........................
Deleting the Batch file or editing the line containing the Shutdown command will do..............

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
pirates1323 said:
khattam_ said:
If you consider a program that harms you as a virus then Virus can be written in Notepad to Turbo C++. No limitations at all.

:p :p 8) 8) In notepad.. cool :p :D ..... tell me how I can :p :twisted: :twisted: :D
Write the following command in notepad and save the text as "Virus.bat", Plus open the autoexec.bat in notepad and add a line containing the path of the batch file you save...............
This will disable your Mouse................................. (works in Win98)

Code:
c:\windows\rundll.exe mouse,disable

Many Viral codes (eg Javascripts) can also be written in notepad........

I just mean to say that there is no specific language for writing viruses........

Ashootosh

Broken In
KHATTAM WROTE:
Not a very good solution.............. This has to be done every time you restart and if the command is in the Batch file, not sure if it works........................
Deleting the Batch file or editing the line containing the Shutdown command will do..............

I was telling him the technical solution................. not something lame as DELETING batch file, anybody can think bout this solution, no need to post this kind of lame solution!!!!!!!!!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Ashootosh said:
khAttAm_ said:

I was telling him the technical solution................. not something lame as DELETING batch file, anybody can think bout this solution, no need to post this kind of lame solution!!!!!!!!!

The problem was lame too.............. and so are you.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom