LAN Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Alrighty guys need your help.Here's what happened.A few days back in Mumbai we had an out-of-the blue monsoon shower along with the usual lightning.I as usual left my PC off(main cord not plugged off from the socket) & went for a stroll.When I came back & switched on the PC,Voilla it's not swithing on at all.Monitor would switch on but not the CPU nor would the SMPS fan work.:mad:

Now assuming it was SMPS issue isolated with a friends SMPS with new power cord but still the same result.Tried another plug point but still the same thing.Took it a local guy who tested the mobo & SMPS & said that SMPS was fine & some **** was screwed at the motherboard's end & we would need to replace the capacitators.Worse nightmare coming true for me.So as usual waited for a few day until my dealer would come & pick up my mobo to be sent out for RMA.Now just to give it a one last shot I switched on my PC yesterday & kept it on for a bit of warm up.After a few minutes EUREKA it worked.Everything booted fine & everything was perfect.Well almost perfect.On further investigation I found that my onboard LAN had been missing.Checked under device manager & it had the yellow symbol.Tried uninstalling & re-installing the drivers but still no go.Thinking that it was a surge gone to my LAN via the cable I got my friend LAN card today & plugged it into my PCI slot but much to my shock that too came up with the same thing.Formatted XP & re-installed it afresh but still the same.:confused:

Guys sorry for the long & boring history lesson but I need to know where the issue would be as it's driving me up the wall now.None of this had ever come up until that dreaded lightning incident had occured.Need help please.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom