LAN disconnection troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand_RF

Journeyman
I have a TATA internet which I connect to through LAN. Till 2 days ago, everything was fine. But ytd I tried to disable the network connection but it didn't get disabled. Instead, I got a pop-up message saying It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account.
I am the only user on this PC, and the XP was freshly installed just some 5 days ago. I know there's no spyware or anything trying to send info from my PC to their servers or anything of that sort.
I have Zone alarm pro and pc-cillin antivirus 2006. I tried shutting both of them down and still no luck. I also tried engaging zone alarm internet lock. I don't even see any suspicious processes in taskmgr. Does anyone know a fix? :confused:
I'm on winxp sp2 with all latest updates, intel 945 motherboard and using its in-built LAN port.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well just a suggestion... have u tried to disable the device (LAN) from Device manager??

try that and post back... whether its possible or that it too blocked up... :)

OP
Anand_RF

Anand_RF

Journeyman
Yeah I've been able to disable the lan card through device manager. But still, it would be better to have a proper solution to this instead of a lengthy work-around.

Binuksb

Right off the assembly line
u have pls check the task manager how many svchost.exe is running. defaul is 6 number. remains svchost is usign spy ware check it.

OP
Anand_RF

Anand_RF

Journeyman
There are 6 svchost processes, but sometimes only 5. This problem beats me. I'm normally very good at troubleshooting.:p
Here's the list of processes - *img237.imageshack.us/img237/745/taskmgrvo3.png

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
azereus and opera are using the network aren't they? also tmproxy.

What i advise is just disable all unnecessary processes from the task manager and try disabling. If it works, you know that some process is the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom