Status
Not open for further replies.

danish

Right off the assembly line
my PC : P4 1.7 Xp

my laptop : P4 Win 2000

both have lan cards
tried to connect using a cable 100mbps
also tried to configure ip address and put all drives in Sharing.

a couple of times it got connected , i could view data on both end of each one. But could not transfer data. Also to view data on the other end it took about 2-3 minutes.

my laptop gets connected easily with my office computer (without hub)
and with the same cable.

what might be the problem

plz help me out.

Deep

Version 2.0
well since you can see the data and cannot copy then the problem seems to be the permisisons you have set in OS..

in folder sharing, there might be security tab also (if simple file sharing is unchecked), so set permission for the user..and check it..

and also see if firewall is creating problems or not..

Deep

Journeyman
Peer to Peer

Danish,

There are a few things that you would need to check out here:
* Are you trying to connect your PC to Laptop directly without a Hub? Then you would need a Peer to Peer cable.
* A peer to peer cable would be different from a Peer to Hub cable. You might want to go to a HardWare Vendor and get it modified.
*When you connect you lap to comp in either system tray do you see the netwroking icon flashing? it should say Network Connected at 100MBps.
*Try to ping each other; Open a Command Prompt window in Your PC and try to Ping your laptop. Just type
Ping [IP Adress]
IP address: The IP you gave to your Laptop Eg:192.168.0.224
*Ping your PC from your Laptop.
If pinging is not working your Network is not working.
*Try this: go to your Network Adapter Properties- Choose the Media Type as 10MB Hald Duplex. See if the network works by pinging- If it works Try 10MB Full; if it works progress up till 100MB full. See where it doesnt work.

If it doesnt work then- you would need a little advanced Trouble shooting.

PS: Are you sure your TCP/IP properties are correct. IP adress. Subnet Mask.

Also please try disabling the windows XP firewall and try to see if your network works.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom