Lan Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him007

Journeyman
Hi,
I am using winXp, have the realteak lan card.
My problem is very typical I am not getting the LAN connection Icon on my n/w palces.
I checked the device manager, in the network adopter it is showing w/o any question mark or error.
Thinking myself the problem wd LAN card driver, install the USB Modem driver, but again the same poblem.
Plz let me know why I am not getting the LAN icon for my USB & ethernet also
one thing more , when I use the Ipconfig it shows the Ip address & all the settings.
Plz help :(
Himanshu

sakumar79

Technomancer
Your question is not very clear. Is the connection up but icon not showing in the tray? If so, all you need to do is go to the network connection setting (Control Panel->Network Connections->Right click on the connection and select Property) and in the bottom, select "Show icon in taskbar when connected"...

For problem with creating/establishing connection, please give more details...

Arun

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
I used all the settings, in the device manager it is showing realtek & usb cable modem driver informations.
But when I select my network places icon from the desktop, & right click---properties----then I get the new page indicating n/w properties, as usally doing this I get the both Icons for LAN1 & LAN2 on rt hand side page.
The problem is that I am not getting both two icons.
When I chk the configuration using IPconfig frm the dos prmpt, I get the all the details of IP & MAC address details.
My prob seems to be typical
help me plz
Himanshu

the_ragman

Broken In
i seem to be having a prob wit my realtek LAN card as well..xp isn't able to find it's drivers even after detectin the new hardware...downloadin the drivers off the realtek website doesn't help either as windows say is doesn't contain the necessary drivers...
the card is a realtek RTL8139D...came in an Intex box...

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
Ok, if the prob wd the LAn card, then what abt the USB driver, for cable modem?
It is also not there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom