1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Lan and internet sharing querry

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Techmastro, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techmastro

Techmastro New Member

We have a LAN in hostel connecting 9 PC.
    My first querry is how can we communicate over LAN without using any software i.e. is there any in built command or function in windows XP through which we can send messages to each other.
    My second question is i want a proxy software to share internet connection over LAN. The software must have a bandwidth controlling capability. I want to assign each client a specific bandwidth.
    Plz help

2. champ_rock

champ_rock champ_rock

Somewhere on the earth , near the equator
    for sending the messages there is a simple command in dos -----

NET SEND {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS} message

Sends messages to other users, computers, or messaging names on the network. The Messenger service must be running to receive messages.

You can send a message only to an name that is active on the network. If the message is sent to a username, that user must be logged on and running the Messenger service to receive the message.
    name Is the username, computername, or messaging name to send the message to. If the name is a computername that contains blank characters, enclose the alias in quotation marks (" ").
    * Sends the message to all the names in your group.
    /DOMAIN[:name] Sends the message to all the names in the workstation domain. If name is specified, the message is sent to all the names in the specified domain or workgroup.
    /USERS Sends the message to all users connected to the server.
    message Is text to be sent as a message.

3. Andyiz

Andyiz New Member

Use Microsoft Netmeeting, by which u can chat ( both in audio AND VIDEO MODE)
    Just type conf in the "Run" command window.

4. mediator

mediator New Member

Wow 9 pc's ....u can do all the network experiments there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.