Lan and internet sharing querry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmastro

Journeyman
We have a LAN in hostel connecting 9 PC.
My first querry is how can we communicate over LAN without using any software i.e. is there any in built command or function in windows XP through which we can send messages to each other.
My second question is i want a proxy software to share internet connection over LAN. The software must have a bandwidth controlling capability. I want to assign each client a specific bandwidth.
Plz help

champ_rock

champ_rock
for sending the messages there is a simple command in dos -----

NET SEND {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS} message

Sends messages to other users, computers, or messaging names on the network. The Messenger service must be running to receive messages.

You can send a message only to an name that is active on the network. If the message is sent to a username, that user must be logged on and running the Messenger service to receive the message.
name Is the username, computername, or messaging name to send the message to. If the name is a computername that contains blank characters, enclose the alias in quotation marks (" ").
* Sends the message to all the names in your group.
/DOMAIN[:name] Sends the message to all the names in the workstation domain. If name is specified, the message is sent to all the names in the specified domain or workgroup.
/USERS Sends the message to all users connected to the server.
message Is text to be sent as a message.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Techmastro said:
We have a LAN in hostel connecting 9 PC.
My first querry is how can we communicate over LAN without using any software i.e. is there any in built command or function in windows XP through which we can send messages to each other.
Plz help
Use Microsoft Netmeeting, by which u can chat ( both in audio AND VIDEO MODE)
Just type conf in the "Run" command window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom