LAMP rocks!!!

Do you think LAMP is going to rule the host for the times to come????

• Na! No way. Whatever be it, open source and freeware stinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huh! What's all that Geeky stuff?

• Maybe yes or maybe know. I will wait and watch!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
Don't you think that LAMP rocks!!! For the "What's Open Source?" type of guys, LAMP is the acronym for the free and open source web hosting based on Linux Apache server MySQL and PHP. So, vote below and make sure that you drive out the others from contention and bring in Open Source, FreeWare and LAMP.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Apache+PHP+MySQL definitely is the best comination of all ...

but somebody told me that ..
FreeBSD+Apache+... is the best

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
cool_dude_prav said:
Don't you think that LAMP rocks!!!
Well there are other architectures available.... I for example have been using Zope instead of Apache along with Debian, MySQL ... so for me it is... DMZ

cool_dude_prav said:
LAMP is the acronym for the free and open source web hosting based on Linux Apache server MySQL and PHP.
That P is a variable... it can take on the following values...
PHP
Perl
Python

cool_dude_prav said:
So, vote below and make sure that you drive out the others from contention and bring in Open Source, FreeWare and LAMP.
Hey mind you.... there's a difference between FreeWare and Free Software/Open Source software.... FreeWare can be proprietary and its source code may not be available to you.... hope you understand the differences...

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
Hey mind you.... there's a difference between FreeWare and Free Software/Open Source software
I agree. That is why I have been using the term FREEDOMWARE in place of the word free software.

firewall

In the zone
@firestarter .. that's true.. and you know what majority of commercial webservers running on windows ( mainly IIS )provides very bad service, irrespective of the companies..... ;)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom