1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

knoppix modem driver

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sohummisra, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohummisra

sohummisra New Member

Hi, last week I was planning to install SuSE 9.1 personal from teh digit cd but decided to get a little glimpse of linux instead of making that partition and rsiking losing data.

so i made a cd of the knoppix 3.2 live iso from the aug03 digit (don't tell me its old--i know!). and now for my little [silly] question of the week. i found out that my modem wasn't installed or something because when i tried to use dialup manager it said something like, modem not foudn at /dev/modem

i take it knoppix live doesn't have the linux modem driver, so i'm looking for it on the net. if i get the driver, i am wondering if i will be able to use it since its just a live CD. and if i can, how do i install it? cheers and don't make me feel [too] stupid.

2. OP
    OP
    sohummisra

sohummisra New Member

well glad people are helping.... i have the driver (tar.gz) format in case i can do antyhign with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.