Kernel Upgradation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was taken up somewhere in the forum b4, but not answered clearly enough...so i restate it:

Ok, i see that kernel version 2.6.10 is out, and i download the bzipped file(~30 mb). Now how do i proceed to upgrade the current kernel? (irrespective of the distro i am using?)

For specific distros like Fedora, Suse ( i use one of these only..), what is the process, without using yum or up2date, or such online update tools?

And i will have to "reinstall" (is this the right word?) nvidia drivers, right?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
there_is_no_spoon said:
Ok, i see that kernel version 2.6.10 is out, and i download the bzipped file(~30 mb). Now how do i proceed to upgrade the current kernel? (irrespective of the distro i am using?)
Read this and learn:
*mirrors.kernel.org/LDP/HOWTO/Installation-HOWTO/
*kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/
and follow any relevent link from there to help yourself.

Kernel.org is the official distribution site for Linux kernel. It also has links to excellent resources to FAQ's and tutorials on the web. You must at least go through them.

there_is_no_spoon said:
For specific distros like Fedora, Suse ( i use one of these only..), what is the process, without using yum or up2date, or such online update tools?
Download the RPM packages from Redhat's mirrors. Debian packages for linux are found on the url:
*www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages

OP
T

there_is_no_spoon

Broken In
yup, got it ...i just wasnt getting a nice site, so i posted this . job done, and the 2.6.10 kernel is up! thanks . :D
ps: i used google.com/linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom