Keep A Constant Speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
well guys, i have a 256KBps connection. Whn evr im downloadin nethin, the download starts from (~)256 KBps and ultimately drops to (~) 50-60 KBps. Nw is there ne way by which i can keep the speed constant??? i mean atlesat get speedz of more than 100 KBps??? :?:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes, when you start a d/l speeds drop from a high rate. Actually if you check closely that happens only for a second and the speed drops instantly to normal speeds, only the number falls down slowly. There is no way you can harness that unless you opt to go for a higher speed connection. You can try d/l managers for some extra 2-5 KBps edge perhaps...

ashfame

Padawan
You may not be having a dedicated connection, that is why when more people are online i.e. more traffic, it gives less speed.
Try it once downloading a file @ night.
It might give u good speed.
Let me know whats the result :wink:

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Broadband speeds r unaffected by time. ie . day or night ...or traffic unless u have a dedicated modem/router.
Its managed by the network remote server, and is constant for most of the time, unless the server is down or something.
thats startoff- speed is just instantaneous. If u get 50-60 kbps normal dwloading speed, its good, perhaps u have a 512 kbps connection...the best available for a home user.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah! if you are getting 50-60 kbps speed at constant then you should have a connection of atleast 512KBPs speed. This downloading rate is not possible on 256KBPs connections.
And regarding maintaining constant speeds, what do you notice your speed in torrents??

Have you tried tweaking Firefox, your web browser?
and increasing your TCP/IP connections??

Him007

Journeyman
Hi
First I want to tell you whenever U tried to download any file fm the web, It start in kB/sec not in kb/sec , that's why we multiplied with 8.
That's 8 kB/sec = 64 kbits/sec. (1 Byte= 8 bits)
Bandwidth is divided into two channels Upstream & downstream, Up-means u are uploading(sending info on to the server), dn- means u r downloading.
This is right when you treid to d/l any file fm the transfer rate goes high after that it goes dn bcz in that case both channels are utilized then after that it becomes constant ( if u hv dedicated connection).
One thing more d/l is also depend upon the file size, heavy file size would give you less transfer rate.
So enjoy ISP mathematics ....
Him007

i have read on this forum only............
that a guy has 256kbps net connection..........
but surprisingly he gets download speed of 1 MBps.....
so i think u r bit unlucky.............

TechGuru#1

In the zone
dharmeshhtailor said:
i have read on this forum only............
that a guy has 256kbps net connection..........
but surprisingly he gets download speed of 1 MBps.....
so i think u r bit unlucky.............

Now,I think dharmesh.......atleaset.YOU hav beaten all others in ur "WISE BELIEFS" :p :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom