KDE or Gnome

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Suit yourself. Whatever appeals to you. Both are good. I myself prefer KDE. BTW, you can install both if you like and use whatever you find better for you. There's never an end to KDE v/s GNOME battle.

Satissh S

Youngling
First-up is there actually a battle? ;)
@Nishant: OpenSuSe has GNOME 2.12 and KDE 3.4 as well as a few other WM's .
If you are a newbie to GNU, i'd suggest you get used to terminal first. It is the Heart of GNU\Linux. Read the OpenSuSe userguide fully. It'll help you a lot.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I never worked more than 20 minutes continously on KDE, so recommending you GNOME will be much a biased answer.

Well, install both, work on both for a few days (Yes, I mean it, not a few hours, or it'll be too early to make a decision, like me), stick with the one which is comfortable to you.

Well, there is always a third, fourth, fifth... choices. Try Other WMs like XFCe, IceWM, Fluxbox, Enlightenment, etc too.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Try both..Use the one you like the most...I actually use Gnome..But I like afterStep as well...

planetcall

Indian by heart
My vote goes for KDE as it has more supported apps and now sports a kickass look. Gnome has also been upgraded but still it is very simplistic. Supported applications are fewer than KDE.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
wotever, if u haf enough hard disk space available install all the window managers as tech said. windowmaker's an excellant wm too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom