KDE 4 Beta 2 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
KDE is a powerful Free Software graphical desktop environment for Linux and Unix workstations. It combines ease of use, contemporary functionality and outstanding graphical design with the technological superiority of the Unix operating system. KDE is a network transparent contemporary desktop environment for UNIX workstations. KDE seeks to fill the need for an easy to use desktop for Unix workstations, similar to the desktop environments found under the Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows.

While the KDE 4.0 final release was postponed for Christmas, the second beta release of the most awaited project of 2007, was just announced today by the hard-working people behind the KDE project: "The KDE Community proudly presents the second Beta release for KDE 4.0. This release marks the beginning of the feature freeze and the stabilization of the current codebase. Simultaneously the KOffice developers have released their third Alpha release, marking significant improvements in this innovative office suite. Both KDE and KOffice have benefited from the Google Summer of Code, as most resulting code has now been merged."

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/1799/desktop-plasma-big.png

KDE 4.0 Beta 2 includes new features and functionality, such as:
  • Kolourpaint comes with many new features;
  • KGPG received some improvements in the usability area;
  • Okular received further usability work;
  • Amarok is now integrated with plasma;
  • KOffice releases third Alpha version.
The KDE 4.0 schedule:
  • 1 May 2007 - Alpha release + kdelibs soft API freeze
  • 8 May 2007 - Usability and Accessibility review
  • 1 June 2007 - Feature freeze
  • 25 June 2007 until 10 October 2007 - Beta cycle, full kdelibs API freeze
  • 11 November 2007 until 5 December 2007 - Release Candidate cycle
  • December 2007 - KDE 4.0 released

Official Home Page : *kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-beta2.php

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I saw the current theme, its tooo white & bright. Can we change it to black in KDE 4?

Sykora

I see right through you.
@pathiks : Definitely. I was hoping that we'd get both of them by the fedora release date of November 8, but it looks like we'll have to wait an extra month or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom