Kazaa Rates as Worst Pest on CA's Spyware List

Status
Not open for further replies.

svk

Journeyman
Computer Associates International Inc. has launched a list of the worst spyware threats as part of a new program to combat unwanted software "pests." At the top of that list: the peer-to-peer application Kazaa. The company initiated its Spyware Information Center earlier this month with the launch of eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware r5, enterprise-oriented software designed to tackle unwanted spyware, adware and trojans, a category of threats it calls "pests" to distinguish them from viruses and security vulnerabilities.

But out of the entire category, the top threat is the Kazaa peer-to-peer application, which CA characterized as prone to degrading network performance, consuming vast amounts of storage and creating security issues. The other top threats are Ezula's TopText reference tool, which installs ads on a user's machine; Adopt.Hotbar.com, which tracks Web usage patterns; GameSpy Arcade, which installs adware; and Download Accelerator Plus, which carries out actions such as changing browser settings, displaying popunder ads and transmitting information to a Web site without the user's permission.

source:*www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1732605,00.asp

gagandeep89

Broken In
what hapnd to weather.exe :roll: :wink:
theres r tons of spyware
its really sickenin to think that sumbody is seing wat u can type n all
gives me the creeps :x

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Like it Or hate It for me it Still Rocksss for me.......My most Video and Songs collection i owe to Kazaa Itself....And one More thing Even I have kazaa and ran a Adaware Search But NO traces found yet :? ....Hummm ahhh well what the hell i just Wont Give it Up anyway..... 8)

Wizard

Journeyman
svk said:
go4inet said:
Wht is ur intention of making posts ? Huh !
Whats your problem , dude. always irritating me. i dont think it is a bad post or SPAM.

Humm @ go4inet

Get me one good reason why u said tht sentence marked in BOLD .

People may make mistakes...but we r not supposed to ditch them ...so we goto go in their way and mak sure they r corrected.

Wht i wanna say is this is a good topic and he has done a good job and u have to tak it in a +ve sense and boost his moral so that he comes with more such Good post.

OP
S

svk

Journeyman
dude. both occasions the matters were different. use common sense man. seriously if u think that this thread is a spam. ask the moderator to lock it.
i am not takin anything 4 granted

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
nope , i dont consider both spam . or even most of the topics ppl call spam . i consider both valid topics and that both should be left open . if u like it , post in any thread , else just ignore topics or a post in the thread :)

lavanjoy

Broken In
Good post... keep up man...

Some people post some useless topics in forum....and telling others post is useless .. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom