• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details
Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i downloaded kazaa but then it turned out to be a pain in the neck. it had a host of spywares and trojans and could not even be completely downloaded. it says it is spyware free but surely isnt. i also want to know if it is even legal.
 

ishaan

Padawan
kazaa is fulla adware n spyware but "kazaa lite" is spyware free...

i think it is legal to use p2p software such as kazaa but only if ur downloading non copyrighted stuff thru them

that means movies n songs, etc r illegal to download....but suppose i made a cool drawing in photoshop n i wanna share it with the world using p2p and u dload it, that is legal
 

devarajan

Journeyman
The Incredible said:
is it possible to catch ppl d/l ing illegal stuff there? if yes then how?

Normally no.Because example: if u and i shareing the file who will catch???How dose they know?? :wink:
 

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
is it possible to catch ppl d/l ing illegal stuff there? if yes then how?
It is possible to catch ppl as they are downloading, if the user in question unknowingly downloads a bait file from the authorities themselves. Otherwise, basically, the riaa/mpaa monitors a particular p2p nework/server for heavy uploaders, and maybe downloaders as nowadays p2p apps download and upload at the same time. Then they send a legal letter demanding your isp to give your account information from which they find your snail mail address and then either file a lawsuit on you or ask for a settlement.

But don't be scared. That's the american way. In India there's nothing to prevent you from p2ping than yourselves, your connection speed and the EB :)
 

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
siriusb said:
It is possible to catch ppl as they are downloading, if the user in question unknowingly downloads a bait file from the authorities themselves.
actually i was talking abt p2p. if sum1 is d/l a file (sharing) then can he b catched.

siriusb said:
Otherwise, basically, the riaa/mpaa monitors a particular p2p nework/server for heavy uploaders, and maybe downloaders as nowadays p2p apps download and upload at the same time. Then they send a legal letter demanding your isp to give your account information from which they find your snail mail address and then either file a lawsuit on you or ask for a settlement.

wat's riaa/mpaa and snail mail add?


siriusb said:
In India there's nothing to prevent you from p2ping than yourselves, your connection speed and the EB :)

wats EB there?
 

ishaan

Padawan
i duno the other stuff but snail mail address means ur postal address

since email is so fast, postal mail is considered so slow these days its referred to as snail mail
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom