kazaa--mmm tell me whats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakee

Journeyman
kazaa,emule or any p2p utility..is it free.can i download movies music everything for free or shud i pay.is there any possibility there to maintain a group for file sharing.
what i exactly want is file sharing between us or our own groups via net.files shud be accessible even if the users sys is powered off...something like downloading all from a database...
you all guyz must be having a lot of music,videos (in divx formats) for sure..mind to share!!!!

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
was there any p2p application given in digit cd..if so please tell me which one..i had no experience in file sharing...but have used ftp in linux based systems...
which one kazaa,ares,emule,edonkey etc will be good for downloading free files..

When u use a p2p connection there is no way in which u can share files when offline.
The basic principle in which p2p works is by providing peer to peer connection i.e both users are on the same level of connection so since there is a direct link in between and no space for buffer storage of the files there is no way the person downloading file from u can keep downloading it if u r offline.
As for ur doubt tat u may have to pay for wat u download .Well wat ever u download is being share and it is free but the catch is if u r downloading copyright stuff there its illegal so music programs etc are a big no no.
Then the q comes wat can u download.Well some ppl do share stuff which they have made like music or digital animation etc they are legal .But its again upto u can use a p2p network as u want it.
Edonkey is the best p2p network around now.U can access it usin clients like edonkey emule or shareaza (which supports other n/w other than edonkey)
There is also a new client call kdrive which promises to keep ur identity hidden dunn kno how it is as its pretty new.It also helps in creating groups of users who can share files within themselves.
Also there is mldonkey which can be use in linux.
U can get info abot all the new stuff in p2p world from:
www.zeropaid.com

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
u can d/l sharezaa it's an open source software i use it and i find it cool
it's there in the medikit.iso i nthe dvd else u can d/w it from here
*www.shareaza.com/?id=download
it also supports skins etc etc.....

Advanced File Information:
Filename: Shareaza_2.1.0.0.exe
Size: 3.15 MB (3,304,944 bytes)

d/l it now ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

theraven

Technomancer
it can be successfull on dialup ... but mind u ur speeds wont be beyond 3-4 kbps ... and ull ofcourse take weeks to download a divx file ( full movie = avg. 699 mb ) that too if u get the sources

the problem with p2p ... just like bit torrent .. is that u need sources to download files
some are soo new that there arent enuff .. some are soo old that ppl have deleted them ...

u just need to know what to download from where ..
for relatively "NEW" stuff ..... ( cant give examples ) try the edonkey network ( emule,edonkey2000 )
for relatively established downloads ... kazaa is still good ...
bit torrent is really good and pickin up
u just need these small .TORRENT files on ur hdd... and then the client (example bit tornado,azureus etc) download after u specify a location to download it to ...
this is like the "SIG2DAT" equivalent of kazaa or the "ED2K" equivalent of edonkey network.

actually everythin has been covered by beyondthegraceofgod
visit the site he suggested for more info/downloads of clients

technovice

Broken In
theraven said:
for relatively "NEW" stuff ..... ( cant give examples ) try the edonkey network ( emule,edonkey2000 )
for relatively established downloads ... kazaa is still good ...

Yep!
Spot on raven!! :wink:
Kazaa's networks got most of the older songs and movies
only the download speeds are not too great. 4kbps is usually the max with a dialup 52,000bps connection.
edonkey is pretty useful too.

VD17

Journeyman
KHUBBU said:
can it be successful on a dialup?

yeah dude Khubbu...
to be more accuarate, it works on a Benarasi dial up connection.. even the crap NetOne from BSNL... ;)

swatkat

Technomancer
Shareaza is Ultimate.
I use Shareaza and i have got AVERAGE speed of about 20Kbps and peak of 32-33 Kbps on my DialUp.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i use e-donkey to download e-books .thats what i can do on a dial up

some books i downloaded using edonkey

c++ game prog guide 1 and 2
game physics in c++
Martial Arts Mayhem, Techniques (by The Game Mechanics)

and many more... which can't be discussed here (guess :wink: )

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
yeh thx dudes..this was hell a lot usefull thread.
so what do you people suggest me now..
i have a dialup..but plans to get a netone connection..i dont need any spywares along with my downloads...my downloads shud be faster...my p2p client shud be a freeware and legal(dont mind the stuffs i download)..so whats the solution in simple sentence??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom