Kaspersky Internet security suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
HI guys howz Kaspersky Internet security suite..Does it take too much sys resources?? is the virus scanner betta than avg??

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Take Dis Opinion

Kaspersky Internet security suite iz da bst!!!

U aint gettin betta security fr ur pc.

i also uze it!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Does it take too much sys resources??

at 1st it will... unless u make a system scan... and turn on the iScanner or some thing like that, which makes the KAV scanning engine to skip a file which is not modified since last system scan.... so at the time of auto protect, this helps a lot... and KIS makes ur PC run bullet quick :p

anandk

Distinguished Member
after using zass for long, i recently switched over to kiv.

no doubt the av protection is par excellance ! but the firewall is found wanting and not considered so good. imho it uses minimal resources among all security suites, even i was surprised. i have celeron/256mb ram lappy. overall i am happy ! :)

need any help after installation, do revert.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Kaspersky Internet Security 6 provides thorough protection against online threats, but ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6 remains a better buy" !

click *reviews.cnet.com/Kaspersky_Internet_Security_6/4505-3667_7-31884380.html?tag=pop

Dipen01

Youngling
Am facing one problem..

Everytime i try to install Kaspersky...it goes smooth for some time..and then...ROLL BACKs.....without reason..!! i jst reinstallled my OS due to some reason..and even nw...it does the same thing...

i hv two versions of Kaspersky..both face same problem..

anandk

Distinguished Member
a firewall is the first line of defense against internet threats.

za has a very strong fw and anti-intrusion, an ok anti-spy, and a not-so-ok av, good anti-spam and parental control !
kis has a very strong av, but its fw and anti-hacker is found wanting. its anti-spy is also not considered up-to-the-mark. its anti-spam is considerd poor.

considering all these things, inclu the price, cnet may have put zass over kiv. i remember even pcmag rating zass over kiv. kav is class, kiv is not.

anywayz :) i used to use zass for over a year. just recently started with kiv. resourse utilisation of kiv is REALLY LOW !!!
=======================================================
dipen : kav or kiv ? which 2 versions ? it must be giving SOME error... !

anyway if u have windows defender or bitdefender on ur pc, it sometimes creates this problem. there were some earlier versions which ver also giving such problems...

anyway first clean up ur pc junk with 'ccleaner' or any other such.
then download the latest from here *www.kaspersky.com/trials
copy the installer to root of (ur windows drive) the c:\ drive and run it from there. dont ask me y, just do it :) It it still dznt help u can always try *forum.kaspersky.com/

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
KIS is much betta ZA security suite, which takes up more system recources...KIS has a better antivir, and anti-spy scanner...Its one month of experiene which speaks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom