K750i or W700i

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
I know this question is asked several times before but still iam confused.
K750i + 256MB card + Walkman earphones = Good music + Good Cam = Rs.~13000.
W700i(includes 256MB card + Walkman earphones) = Excellent music + Good Cam = Rs.~11,700.

Why is K750i better than W700i other than the Auto Focus Camera?
Why do many people suggest K750i?

K

krazyfrog

K750i's music playing ability can be easily (and cheaply) upgraded using the HPM-70 headset and 1gb memory stick. It's music player is exactly similar to the Walkman player in W700i. But W700i's camera connot be upgraded with K750i's autofocus. Thus K750i has an advantage here. That is why i feel it's better.

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
So which should i go for? And i dont want to do firmware upgrade to K750i to W800i as it voids warranty.

K

krazyfrog

It depends on how much importance you lay on a cell phone's camera. Actually autofocus is the only major difference between the two. If you think you can live without it, buy W700i. If you absolutely must have autofocus, then go for K750i. There aren't any other major differences between them.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
actually if u dun click too many macro photos then i'd suggest to go in for w700i. but if u are ready to spend 1k more (abt 14k) then go in for w810i. it has everything plus stereo spekers + 512mb stick.

K

krazyfrog

infra_red_dude said:
but if u are ready to spend 1k more (abt 14k) then go in for w810i. it has everything plus stereo spekers + 512mb stick.
I totally agree with infra_red_dude. If W810i comes within your budget, then you should seriously consider that cell. Its kinda like K750i+W700i+edge+512mb card+speakers in one package.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shashank_re said:
I know this question is asked several times before but still iam confused.
K750i + 256MB card + Walkman earphones = Good music + Good Cam = Rs.~13000.
W700i(includes 256MB card + Walkman earphones) = Excellent music + Good Cam = Rs.~11,700.

Why is K750i better than W700i other than the Auto Focus Camera?
Why do many people suggest K750i?

Differences: K750i / W700i

1. Autofocus Camera : Y / N
2. Internal Memory: 38MB / 34MB
3. Walkman feature : N / Y
4. Memory of Outgoing calls/Incoming Calls/Missed Calls: 10-10-10 / 30-30-30
5. Bundled Memory Stick PRO Duo : 64MB / 256MB
6. Headphone type: Normal / Earbud series(good)
7. Price with Bill: Rs.11000 / Rs. 12500 as of now.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shashank_re said:
Price of W700i is Rs.11700 in bangalore(Viveks). Are there any joystick problems with this like the K750i?

W700i users in my friend circle never had key problems.

Autofocus is a main feature for a Camera. If camera is ur priority than music, go for K750i. Ask for a exchange of K750i handsfree with that of W700i. Both are compatiable. If you are lucky he may give exchange it for free. Infact I got it for free exchange! :D W700i has excellent music playback due to Walkman branding. However K750i music playback is also not far behind. It's good.

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
Is the Music volume through speakers same in both the phones? Which is the best place to buy mobiles in Bangalore?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shashank_re said:
Is the Music volume through speakers same in both the phones? Which is the best place to buy mobiles in Bangalore?

Hey! Better put all questions at once! :D Walkman series SE phones have slightly higher volume than regular ones -doesn't make a big deal though.
I am from Pune - no idea of Bangalore prices dude....(My ex-city was Blore!) ;-)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok, first make it clear as to what is the primary use of the camera. if you don't wanna spend much and aren't very keen on macro mode photos (w700i clicks good ones from a particular short distance too), i'd suggest go in for w700i.

frankly, i feel this:
if you want AF and phone wid decent storage space and good headset, you said the k750 combo wud cost around 13k. but w700i wid all the features minus AF will lighter ur wallet by around 11.7k. however consider this :

w810i = all features of w700i + AF + 512mb + speakers + edge = k750i + 512 mb + speakers + edge + bluetooth 2.0 = ~14k
w700i = k750i + bluetooth 2.0 + 256mb card + hpm 70 earbuds + walkman brand - AF - edge = 11.7k
k750i (AF) + 256mb + hpm70 earbuds - bluetooth 2.0 - walkman brand - egde = 13k

from the above equations, i can draw this conclusion:

if you want AF + decent mp3 support (media player widout flashing + fontapia earbuds) + decent storage space then go in for w810. coz by just spending 1k more than k750i + accessories, you get 256mb extra + speakers + edge + walkman brand all out of the box.

if you can live widout AF and edge, you get everything else in w700i (saving of 2.3k. buy it.

it makes sense to buy k750i if you gonna use everything as stock (ie you don't upgrade anything!). doesn't make sense to spend upto 13k and get all the features when you can get everyting and more and more by spending just 1k more for w810i!

also, i bought my w700i way back in may end from maxtel. i paid 15.6k there whereas everywhre else i was getting it for 16.5k. that time his price was the lowest. i dunno abt others. i'll give you his contact info if required. but better enquire in about 3-4 places before deciding on the place to buy!

cheers! :)

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
W700i has auto focus???
Check this out: *www.sonyericsson.com/walkman/index.aspx?cc=in&lc=en

Click on W700i image and place your corsur on camera.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the w700i doesn't haf autofocus. its confirmed. w700i has mono speakers onboard. its volume is definitely louder than w810i.

also abt joystick problems. the w700i is only abt 6 months old whereas the k750i is abt an year old. so ppl haf spent more time wid k750i and hence the problems are known. we may hafta wait for any probs that may arise due to prolonged use of w700i. but afaik, SE has done a good job of joystick in w700i. i feel its slick and more robust than most other phones. however, if someone's too paranoid abt joystick, then its better to buy w810i. no joysticks, no worries!

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey i just got k750i + hpm -70+ 1 gb card for 10.3 k + 650 rs + 1300 rs

total 12250 rs .. quite a deal .. i must say ..its camera is simply mind blowing .. also sound is damn good with hpm-70 ..

i got these hpm-70 from brand new w700i box .. so there are org earphones ..

also i got all these with bill and warranty ..

i think u should go for similar deal ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom