K550 to W610/810

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
U ll need to change ur device pid to that of a w610i and then update ur firmware using seus.. search this section... some1(perhaps aks_win) had posted a tut..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
pathiks said:
U ll need to change ur device pid to that of a w610i and then update ur firmware using seus.. search this section... some1(perhaps aks_win) had posted a tut..
arrey yaar i hv not written any tut like that :oops:.....now he is going to catch me and ask lots of questions :D

its not possile to meddle with k550i for free
use woton server to do it...pay some 380 Rs !! its full worth !! 400rs is nothing compared to your desire to acquire a w610i...:D

tell u what 1st get a good pair of ear phones and then later decide !

i hv stopped visiting SE-NSE coz am very happy with my Cybershot !! And i dont know the latest updates and the status of the research going in there !!! may be u can now do it !! check it out !
may be next year holidays if time permits i might want to customize it !! if w610i is available with cybershot driver i might consider flashing but first let the warranty get over !!

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
aks_win.....
now u have to answer me ... pleeeease...
Suggest which headphones do i go for ????
and is it safe to flash at the wonton server ????

And one more thing... which shall i go for w700 or k550 as music will be one of my priorities.... n does k550 have in flight mode ??

Pathik

Google Bot
lol sorry aks..
btw adi if just music is ur priority and u can stretch ur budget to 12k then get a 5700... no need of even modding it then..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
well infact 2 months back i was in the same situation had to make a choice

i dint take w700i coz its got no Autofoucs !! also its not Slim !!

where as k550i new and is fast and has got a little bigger screen and also new buttons for better multitasking.......what u will miss is megabass in k550i ! most importantly its Slim...this matterd to me

Music in w700i and k550i is exactly the same with same setting in same earphones...as my friend had given me his w700i to check it out !!

about megabass it pushes up the bass and gives u the thump...i kind of liked it in the beginning but now i dont like megabass after i used for some time in my friends phone....so i canceled my plans to flash my k550i to w610i coz the music is the same except the megabass.......now instead i enjoy the cybershot !!

get hpm 70 which now costs 700 Rs...!! or better hpm 82 for 1400 rs
or
get Creative EP 630 for 1k and a duplicate hpm 70 for 200 Rs
this combo should work great......and the bass in EP 630 is excellent

i did not go for the EP 630 because i noticed that bass for more then 30 mins was pain for me !! hence i got hpm 70 !!! now enjoying it !!

i would recommend k550i with good earphones for 10k budget !!
8.5k for phone and 1k for earphones and 1.4k for 2 GB !!

that's actually about 11k but this is inevitable coz for any phone u will have to shell out money for Memory !!

k550i has flight mode !! flashing through woton is Safe and many have done it !! just that your phone must be completely charged and your comp must not turn off or hang !!

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
Thnx a ton aks_win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U made my choice so simple !!!
Earlier i was in a confusion abt Moto L9 / w700 / k550.. n looks + music was the thing for me....
thnk u dude.........

Gaurav

In the zone
can creative ep630 be plugged in to be used with w810i. could you please clarify me that... I checked their web, and it has a similar connector to that of one provided with w810i earphones....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, but u need the lower part of the hpm70 which connects to the fast port.

btw, i guess the thread starter has got answers to his Qs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom