k-Meleon - the fastest windows browser ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunfever

Right off the assembly line
K-Meleon is a lightweight, fast browser based on the Mozilla rendering engine - Gecko. Because K-Meleon uses Windows' native windowing components it is extremely fast. Lightning fast. Type in a URL and the response is almost instantaneous - especially if the page you are visitng is standard HTML.

However, there is not much active development on this browser, latest stable release is 0.9.12...I suspect the sourceforge crowd decided to throw everything behind Firefox. Because of this some pages may not come out properly especially where the websites use all those screwy extensions and is not based on W3C HTML standards.

Check it out at *kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

parthbarot

In the zone
no no no no no...
Opera is the best YO East or West! :)
Bcs now its free also and more safer then any other browser + speedy

(As i use both FF and Opera,i no opera is faster then FF.I also tried K-Meleon.But no like Opera...)

Hey People...Opera rocks

regards.

---------------------------------------------------
*parthbarot.blogspot.com
*impinfo.wordpress.com

tuXian

In the zone
ok till now I also felt Opera was faster than FF... downloading K-Melon now to see if it really works faster than Opera!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
parthbarot said:
no no no no no...
Opera is the best YO East or West! :)
Bcs now its free also and more safer then any other browser + speedy

(As i use both FF and Opera,i no opera is faster then FF.I also tried K-Meleon.But no like Opera...)

Hey People...Opera rocks

regards.

*sigh*

Ignorance is Blissâ„¢

tuXian

In the zone
This browser is pure $hit.... It doesnt displays Google Adsense!

what the heck it crawls too...........

Opera Rocks!!

ujjwal

Padawan
I felt that KMeleon has a faster interface than opera, but opera beats it in the speed of rendering complex pages.

OP
S

sunfever

The last stable release is 0.9.12 and that was in Jan 05.
Sadly the sourceforge crew behind k-meleon have abandoned further development.

k-meleon will make sense if you have an older machine with not much ram.

tuxian i checked to see if ad sense works. it does. open this link in k-meleon to see the results...*www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-sandbox/?url=software+testing

OP
S

sunfever

Ok I downloaded opera with everyone b*tchin about how great it is. Seems ok. My earlier experience was that the UI was too confusing. If I tried customizing the interface I invariably lost something and had a hard time trying to reset it to the way I want so I eventually gave up. Hopefully this time around I wont have to dump it outta frustration.

Opera is a living product so optimization is ongoing. k-meleon if someone gets around to maintaining it and keeping up the with browser wars will be fastest. This is based on the technicial specs.

Is the opera rendering engine faster than gecko?

Does anybody know of a test tool which does performance benchmarks on browsers? :) But before that the question to answer is - why the f**k should we bother? Each to his own :)

OP
S

sunfever

I just cant leave it alone :) Somebody has actually tested browser performance here :arrow: *www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html. Based on that I bow to Opera fans. :p.

However, each person's experience will vary depending on the config of his machine. There also another site where you can test out the scripting speed of your browsers. *www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/benchjs/benchjs.html. The site measures the time it takes to complete 7 scripting tests. I just tested 4 browsers FF, Opera, IE6 and k-meleon. The results are as follows:

FF 1.5.0.1 - 30.42 secs
Opera 8.51 - 20.49 secs (am switching to opera!)
IE 6.0.2800.110615 - 79.2 secs (Bye, bye IE!!)
k-meleon unfortunately didnt compelete the tests - couldnt handle javascript popups :(

In the world of what ifs - k-meleon still rules !! :D

Ok...enough time waste for the day - back to work :)

hpotter606

Journeyman
Opera is the fastest browser but speed is not everything!!
I get more error messages in opera 8.5 than FF 1.07(I dont like ff 1.5, very slow!) The best thing i like about ff is extentions. Thats the the main reason i am still sticking to FF than opera.

FOR GODS SAKE, DONT START A BROWSER WAR HERE!!!

parthbarot

In the zone
error are mainly related to javascript code...as i thnk most r them....
and opera is very secure abt javascript and pop ups...may be thats y it gives errors...

and @sunfever
---------------------
u can not use any software from the first day like a master... u have to used to it...and gui is cool and configurable....not bithing u...ok? so dont misunderstoood.

regards.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
KMeleon ROCKS .. Its much better than Firefox as it never crashes and supports mouse gestures too .. I use unofficial version of KMeleon (official isnt updated regularly) .. You should download KMeleon plus (second last in the list) .. It rocks ... :p ..
But nevertheless .. Maxthon is still my default browser ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom