Joomla Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Hi
i haave a blog for nseries themes *4urmobileonly.blogspot.com/
and i got a domain for it www.nseries-themes.com and have brought hosting from cyrus

I wann know is there any way to intregrate the blogs content into the joomla plateform or not
also i wann know that does joomla have a extension where i post in blog ans the content in site update itself.??

Plz also comment on the template on the site now....nseries-themes.com
Your help is needed...

I think this is better answered by Joomla! forum, but still, Let me attempt:

1. From what I know, WordPress support is inbuilt in joomla.
2. Joomla also officially supports PhpBB

These two are because they, along with joomla are the best in CMS(joomla), Blogging(WP) and Forum(PhpBB) among OSS softwares, and the first two are best even in overall category.

But blogger support I am not sure of in Joomla.

You can try this thing:

Create a subdomain in your website. Name it blog.nseries-themes.com and simply add a link to it in your headder(where there are links like site, blog, about, etc). Add a link to your website in your blogger headder.

And then, in blogger, select publish to external site and use URL as blog.nseries-themes.com

Now:

1. Users who visit your blog will have a chance to visit the site as well, since they are both intergrated.

2. Users who type the blogger address will be redirected to the custom own address

3. Own address and blogger address lead to same blog.

4. From your website, the themes section can link off to the blog, where "SEARCH" can be used to find themes.

I know this is rather long, but I used joomla plugin search and found NO plugin to do this. Hence you NEED to ask in joomla forum.

You can always double post, esp using a blogging software, both to Joomla! and Blogger. I know its hard work, but redirecting links, etc help.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
1. From what I know, WordPress support is inbuilt in joomla.
2. Joomla also officially supports PhpBB

Comment to point 1) No, Wordpress support in not inbuilt in any version of Joomla CMS. Yet there are many blogging components for Joomla CMS but Wordpress has not released any such component for Joomla. You can get wordpress type blogs on Joomla but not an integrated Wordpress Component

Comment to point 2) There has not been any official deal between Joomla and phpBB community yet. The developers are still working on a project to intergrate and bridge the phpBB 3 forum and Joomla CMS but none are still available. Only phpBB 2 bridge are available but are not good for your websites security.

Comment to point 1) No, Wordpress support in not inbuilt in any version of Joomla CMS. Yet there are many blogging components for Joomla CMS but Wordpress has not released any such component for Joomla. You can get wordpress type blogs on Joomla but not an integrated Wordpress Component

Comment to point 2) There has not been any official deal between Joomla and phpBB community yet. The developers are still working on a project to intergrate and bridge the phpBB 3 forum and Joomla CMS but none are still available. Only phpBB 2 bridge are available but are not good for your websites security.
Actually, for wordpress, mojoBlog, a modded wordpress exists.;)

PhpBB 3.0 support is still being dealt with, but as you can see, its good enough, so that Joomla! Official Site itself uses PhpBB 3.0.:D

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
You can try this thing:

Create a subdomain in your website. Name it blog.nseries-themes.com and simply add a link to it in your headder(where there are links like site, blog, about, etc). Add a link to your website in your blogger headder.

And then, in blogger, select publish to external site and use URL as blog.nseries-themes.com

I would not recommend you that as it would not be good for your main domains Page Rank. Rest am not too sure about this trick.

Now:

1. Users who visit your blog will have a chance to visit the site as well, since they are both intergrated.
No they are not integrated but only linked (external links in Joomla terms). Integration means that the blog and website share the same look and feel.

4. From your website, the themes section can link off to the blog, where "SEARCH" can be used to find themes.
This would be nearly impossible even if you use the best Search plugin.

@MetalheadGautham: Joomla official forum is using an integrated phpBB forum with there template and not as a component.

sry to repost but ma net connctn is acting too slow 2day

Last edited:
@abhishek:

Thats exactly what I said. Since he IS a themer, he can hopefully theme the sites together. :D

abhishek said:
sry to repost but ma net connctn is acting too slow 2day
Try restarting the modem and use OpenDNS and see if it helps.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Hey thnks a lot both Gautham....[MetalheadGautham] and Abhishek Dwivedi for your help

but i read ur first post gautham and u said that wordpress has a inbuilt support wit joomla....am i rite??

plus wordpress also has a tool from where we can get all the post from bloggers to wordpress......plz do correct me if i am wrong

so i am thinking instead of posting in both wordpress and joomla if u just get all the bloggers post into wordpress first and then use the joomla plugin and get it into my domain.....
do you think this would work......

Plz do advice...

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
I am sorry but Joomla does not has any inbuilt Wordpress Support.

I'd recommend you to download "wamp server" (20mb download) and install it and try out everything b4 to go online with ur things.
using wamp server u can install wordpress and joomla on ur computer without internet.

chk my vdo if u need help with this: *www.metacafe.com/watch/1346371/install_wordpress_on_your_computer_without_internet/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom