Jobs: ITES/BPO sectors need fresh graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

The IT-Enabled Services (ITES) and BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) sectors are one of the fastest growing sectors in India, today.
They remain a popular choice for the young generation and offer numerous job opportunities for graduates from various backgrounds.
Though ITES in India has become almost synonymous with call centres in public perception, it encompasses much more. The term ITES can be defined as outsourcing of such processes that can be enabled with information technology and covers areas as diverse as finance, HR (human resource), administration, healthcare, telecommunication, manufacturing, etc. Thus, IT enabled services refer to all those services provided by companies to customers using technology. For example, call centres enable organisations to provide information and support services to its customers using voice, email or chat. The data can be moved across the organization to all its internal and external customers quickly and effortlessly.
This contracting out of non-core duties and expenses to an outside provider is done to achieve some cost savings and perhaps improve productivity.

"The IT enabled services that India provides are medical transcription, customer interaction services, technical support, Business process outsourcing, HR services, back office operations, etc," says Manish Arora, 28, an independent recruitment consultant based in Pune.

just apply if u complete grad...

More info :
*www.rediff.com/getahead/2007/mar/26grad.htm

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
freshers are ok, but if you have bpo experience, they take you fast. pretty fast.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
But what if u want to join a software company later as a programmer/Software Engineer , will BPO experience still get counted or will it be taken as negative???

I m asking this because I m a final year student of IT engineering and currenly have offer letters of leading BPOs. Should I join them or not ???

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
If you want money, you can join BPO but the experience will not count when you will apply for a job out of this sector. It will not be taken as anything negative either so there is no risk. Such questions are answered lots of times in HT and TOI's magazine sections like Horizon and all :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^
The good thing about BPO experience would be that the new company will know that you have the knowledge of Work environment and if you have worked for some time in the BPO sector, u can ask them to see your consistency as well. I mean if you workedfor 1 year in 1 compnay and thats all, it can be a great point.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
in times jobs.com . We need to pay some money and they evaluate and rewrite our resume. I wanted to see how they do it.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
blast it, noone seems to have come to pick it up.
I am going to send a strongly worded feedback to the company.
Need to check out the status of my request though. Am just back from Haryana after a training, so I am busy right now. Will look into this in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom