J2ME or J2EE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi guys...

Please help me...

I wanna know what is the difference between J2ME and J2EE? Although this topic might have discussed earlier but it's still not clear for duffer like me...

I wanna know the difference between two of these and which one I can use in order to put my Flash 2D Games and Animations on my Nokia 6600 cell.

I do make 2D Flash games and Character animations and know little bit of Javascript and HTML as I'm working as Web Designer too.... But how my little knowledge of programming will help me to transfer my stuff on my cellphone. I heard of tagtag.com that provides free WAP space online from where I download mp3 and wallpapers. And what I understand is I need to upload my Animations and mp3 on that server in order to download it on my cellphone the same way that we do with uploading websites on Web server.

Please tell me which programming language i should learn, which books, which websites, or which Institute (In Mumbai) will provide me a better knowledge and education regarding this.

I'm desperately looking forward to learn about J2ME stuff....

Expecting a suggestion......

xyz-abc-78

Broken In
hi vickymustdie,

Dont get panic with u r Cognizance,
My sugg is u can learn a J2ME, coz ur interested in handheld device pgm, tis is not only for cell phone, it may suitable for other handheld devices, such as PDA, and so on.

I hope,u can learn J2ME, compared with J2EE, but one thing is it it possible in J2EE also.

Get the tutor from andr.net

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

bye.

quad master

In the zone
J2ME:- Java 2 Mobile Edition [only for mobile devices]
J2EE:- Java 2 Enterprise Edition [for advanced java programming]

I wanna know the difference between two of these and which one I can use in order to put my Flash 2D Games and Animations on my Nokia 6600 cell.
The Nokia 6600 is a Series 60 Symbian OS 7.0 based Phone and
hopefully it doesnt support Flash so you cant play flash based games.
However there might be a 3rd party software which can help you play
flash anims on 6600 i have read it somewhere , not sure on this though.

Please tell me which programming language i should learn, which books, which websites, or which Institute (In Mumbai) will provide me a better knowledge and education regarding this.

For mobile programming J2ME
*java.sun.com/ [best way to start has small codes]
*www.microjava.com/
*www.programmersheaven.com/zone13/index.htm
*www.thejavahub.com/
*www.javapronews.com/

Forum :-
*forum.java.sun.com/

If you are in Mumbai
You can get ur self a membership of British Council Library - BCL
it has a gr8 collection of books based on Java i am a member of this
library and so i know only about this library.

You can also ask those who are members os American Library.

Well hope this answers your questions.

OP
V

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi Digitians,

Thanks thambiduraip for replying to my queries. I'll sure follow the path you suggested... I'll learn J2ME and get back to you all if I'll come across anything more....

Thanks quad master for those website address. I'll sure check them out.

Connecting to the Suggested websites.....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, all my work is on the J2EE platform, and since you seem to be more interested in the mobile community and already have a bit of experience with 2D game design, you would be better off with J2ME. Do not go into J2EE unless you're looking at high-performance, high-volume, enterprise computing and stuff like e-commerce, enterprise application development, etc. Plus, its definitely easier to work with J2ME MIDP.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
J2ee or J2ME

Well i am a 2nd year I.T engineering student studying in Mumbai.

Well I would like to know more abt these courses/programs so plz tell me from where can i get a simple but informative answer on these softwares.

I am also interested in making Games (like those of FIFA and Counter strike series) so tell me wat kind of courses shud i go for.

thanx..
cheers n peace

ASHU..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom