J2EE or .NET???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
Hi!

i m on my final semester MCA. We have a full semester project. So i m confused about the platform for development.

Some says with .NET 2.0 there will be a .net trend in IT. I ve tried ASP .net and found it better than plain ASP. But i didnt tried JSP. what is new in .net 2.0 framework?

Pls someone tell me what r the chances with .net and j2ee? which type of project i should choose? Web based or Network based?Then which platform i should stick onto? .NEt or J2EE?

what are the chances with PHP and mySQL. I m studying it coz i love opensource products.

I hope this discussion will be useful for thousands of students who r doing their last semester MCA.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
My domain in Infy is .Net i think u can do u r project either using the combination of ASP.NET and C# or VB.NET..

Even J2EE stream is cool try for Servelets and JSP ......

plasmafire

Journeyman
I'm a J2EE prgmmer in LnT.. lotza advts n disadvts of both streams.. u try out both and choose ur side.. anyway .. it wont matter i guess when u seek a job..

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
My opinion would be to abandon ASP and J2ee for deploying web applications.

There's a lot more that you can do with LAMP architecture. Being a pro in PHP/MySQL would open up lots of options for you even before you complete your studies.

Read this presentation by Yahoo developer Radwin about why yahoo prefers FreeBSD/PHP architecture rather than J2ee or Microsoft's ... *public.yahoo.com/~radwin/talks/yahoo-phpcon2002.htm

I am myself Zope/Python developer and prefer this architecture to LAMP.. but that's another story :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
The acronym LAMP refers to a set of free software programs commonly used together to run dynamic Web sites or servers:

* Linux, the operating system;
* Apache, the Web server;
* MySQL, the database management system (or database server);
* Perl, PHP, and/or Python, scripting languages.

More informations is here:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP

Popular examples of LAMP based projects include phpBB and other popular community forum software, Wikipedia .. eGroupware (www.egroupware.org)

LAMP developers are in hot demand today .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom