Its over now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
No more gaming for windows (I will miss posting in screenshots thread in gamer section).

Am now completely on linux (ubuntu). Will not touch windows till the next installment of Stalker releases :D

Would like to delve for deeper into Linux. I hope you wont mind a few queries or troubleshooting from me (though I have been using Linux since past 6-7 months).

I have installed Ubuntu Gutsy on this machine
E6300, DG965RY, 1GB Transcend 533MHz, 2x160 Seagate SATA 2, 1x80 Seagate Barracuda

Query #1:***SOLVED***
Deluge as Torrent Client
I need a good torrent client like utorrent, and do i need to do portforwarding, as by default i think IPTables allows traffic in and out.

Query #2: ***SOLVED*** Link
It may sound dumb but i hav created a / and /home of 5 and 6GB each, so how do i check if my home folder is really mounted to the drive assigned for /home ?

Query #3: ***SOLVED***
I can share internet to other computer on LAN using Firestarter, but is there any guide to do it manually.

Query #4: ***SOLVED*** Link
I want to share files over to windows system on LAN using SAMBA, So what all packages I need to install and how to do it using samba conf file (I have done it a few months back but forgot which entries to add )

Query #5: ***SOLVED*** Link
I have somehow removed the system tray and now when any program that hides in system tray, it just doesnt show up there, how to get back system tray

Query #6: ***SOLVED*** Link
How to change the text color below icons ?

Query #7: ***SOLVED*** Link
How to set a background image in Nautilus file manager ?

Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ I just don't why you guys like games at low level it looks pathetic.. Either play it with full bells and rings on or leave gaming :p A console is a way better option for gaming :)

@T159 please do posts your queries :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
/ & /home are mounted by default! :p unless you unmount them personally!!!!

/home is an important part of a Linux system. it is mounted during boot when the /etc/fstab is looked upon.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
/ & /home are mounted by default! :p unless you unmount them personally!!!!

/home is an important part of a Linux system. it is mounted during boot when the /etc/fstab is looked upon.

ok got the result by comparing "fdisk -l" and "mount" output :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
How about azureus ? Or if you want utorrent only you can use wine to emulate a win32 environment. Utorrent can be run on wine according to its website.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^deluge for the win,its a close to utorrent as it can get just dont forget to check out its plug-ins.

as far as port-forwarding is concerned,doesn't your modem support uPnP?

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
use KTorrent for torrents
oh! forgot that! @T159 which DE have u installed. If GNOME then u can use anything other than KTorrent. Its not that Ktorrent isn't supported by GNOME but you will have to install all the KDE Libs which are over 15-20 MB each.

And if you have KDE then you can use anything! :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ No do not use utorrnet via WIne.. Its performance is pathetic.. Deluge is one of the best just try it :)

oh! forgot that! @T159 which DE have u installed. If GNOME then u can use anything other than KTorrent. Its not that Ktorrent isn't supported by GNOME but you will have to install all the KDE Libs which are over 15-20 MB each.

Since he has installed Ubuntu its pretty obvious that he is using Gnome.. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^deluge for the win,its a close to utorrent as it can get just dont forget to check out its plug-ins.

as far as port-forwarding is concerned,doesn't your modem support uPnP?
yup it supports UPnP,
but I had some prior experience of intermittent drop/spike in speed of torrents .

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^ No do not use utorrnet via WIne.. Its performance is pathetic.. Deluge is one of the best just try it :)

I don't use torrents. Even if I did, I'd prefer the original command line bittorrent! :p

Why r there no KDE users on Ubuntu ? :?

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How about azureus ? Or if you want utorrent only you can use wine to emulate a win32 environment. Utorrent can be run on wine according to its website.
for the moment being i wish to remain with native support.

yes its Gnome. I don't like KDE interface

yup I have tried KTorrent on Gnome

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I don't use torrents. Even if I did, I'd prefer the original command line bittorrent! :p

Why r there no KDE users on Ubuntu ? :?

I never said that Its pretty clear that he is new so it difficult for him to understand b/w Desktop Environment and how to install another DE in his current Linux :p

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I never said that Its pretty clear that he is new so it difficult for him to understand b/w Desktop Environment and how to install another DE in his current Linux :p
hey am not new to linux, I know the average stuff .

praka123

left this forum longback
1)bridge mode
ports are closed on ubuntu by default
use lokkit or any firewall scripts to open a port say,54782
2)-
3)NFS or samba can be used .GIYF
4)/usr/bin/shares-admin helps! ;)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
original bittorrent is cool but there is no option for skipping files in torrents,nor any option of controlling upload\download speeds.so its basically asks you where to save and thats it.

deluge is da best reproduction og utorrent linux got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom