Its illegal to rip (purchased) Cd's: RIAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/ripped/riaa-argues-songs-ripped-to-your-computer-for-personal-use-are-unauthorized-copies-332550.php
*techdirt.com/articles/20071211/101325.shtml
*recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/12/riaa-files-supplemental-brief-in.html?

Yeah sure RIAA, you know what they say, Kiss me ****.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Hmmm... I know a girl called RIA.... I guess I'll beat her up now :D :D Infact anybody who dares to have a name called RIAx :D

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Coming up...next announcement from RIAA..
Yöü are not allowed to SEE the movie from the cd yöü have bought....:-D

Common when i buy a cd it becomes MINE.. Again i say its MINE YÖÜ A55H073...
I have the right to break it,through it,...
I rip coz i want to keep a copy if something happens to your most fragile(i mean to say the scratch on the cd/DVD) medium...will ya replace me with a new one...

What do yöü think of yourself?
Ruler of the world?

Dont worry by next year there wont be any riAA,mpaA,berin, coz every artist ,director,actor,etc etc will sell their stuff directly to us...

We hate yöü A55H073

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Guys, Calm down, I just read this bit:

*blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2851

It's not really what everyone is saying!! This is misinformed news, read what the court Brief really says!

praka123

left this forum longback
Charan said:
you stole my creation *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/14.gif

it should be RIAAKMA *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/19.gif
Indeed DRMFBKissMA bcoz of vista fanboys are DRM FB's too :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^yea,cos there are no DRM fanboys!!lol.hey wait but apple and M$ supports DRM!infact they kick started it!
unfortunately it was sony in 1996 ;) see jeshtha this is what i am talking about :) hammer something that is not responsible :cool:

and as far as drm is concerned as i pointed out in another thread drm is something that is there to avoid piracy and yes it avoids it though the restrictions today are too rigid and a allegedly clashing with the Fair Use clause of the copyright act but that is more of an ethical than legal allegation

drm has been something that has been in the amking since 1996 and by sony and others and almost all and yes all hardware software companies are a part of it :)

also something interesting i found that linux multimedia capabilities are worse coz they cant play drm content another reason why jhestha hates vista - coz once again it has better capabilities than linux ;)

both the consumer and the tech companies involved are rigid at the moment drm as a tool to avoid piracy is very strong so producers and record labels are for it and digital piracy being the quickest and easiest way of piracy it is now this very computer ur sitting in front of being made sure wont be used as a tool for piracy by drm

there are a lot of misconceptions on what drm is what it can do and what are its effects - these have to talked and discussed by both the implementors and the consumer ;)

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I may be wrong ...but how can a os not say they cant support drm.:) correct me if i am wrong.
But guys this is not about drm

Stay on the topic

x3060

A LOTR fan
who is RIAA ? . . a company or a person or an organization or some thing like that ?:-l
. . looks like a female name to me . . must be some female wanting some attention .

x3060

A LOTR fan
thanks for the info mate :) . . and a quick reply

and by the way . . who cares for american laws . from what imav said its an american company only na . . why bother ? :p

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
praka123 said:
Indeed DRMFBKissMA bcoz of vista fanboys are DRM FB's too :p
no prakash... :p .. I dont see any one who is a fan of DRM.. I use DRM music from apple but im still not a fan of DRM :p .. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom