IT or CSE ?? what is d difference between these two courses for B-Tech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi guyz,
I want to know d difference between these two subjects for Bachelor degree. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and COMPUTER SCIENCE. What are the scope of JOB by these two degree??? Which one is in more demand??

Reply soon..............

hsnayvid

Journeyman
it depends on the university syllabus.

broadly
CSE is core software whereas
IT is mixture of s/w and h/w.

Currently the scope is more of IT, but it hardly matters which of the two branches u choose as companies come for both these branches equally.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
hsnayvid, its actually the converse.
CSE has a major portion of hardware, i.e, Electronics whereas IT is entirely software aspect of computing with networking.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
And wat basic knowledge is necessary 4 study CSE & IT?? One of my frnd told PHYS.+MATHS are more important 4 CSE, and STATICS, ECONOMICS & COMMUNICATION skill for IT, is it true??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
give preference to CSE over IT in councelling forum.Personal suggestion.And before applying to any college get conform that branch is affilated to AICTE.

Many colleges have AICTE affilation of only 2-3 branchs but run 6-7 branchs.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Which university are you talking about?

I am doing my IS (same as IT) under VTU in Bangalore. Note that here under CET counselling IT is Instrumentation Technology and IS is Information Science.

Currently, in my college there are more students in CS department (nearly double that of the IS department). And obiviously, the students placed are more for CS though the percentage placement is almost same for both branches. :)
But academically, IS average performance is better than CS in my college.:D

Till 4th Semester there are no differences in the syllabus for both the branches.

If you have a choice take CS as it has a wider acceptance and following than IS or IT, which is a relatively new branch.
Also for higher studies, CS student has more choices while selecting the specific field (like through GATE).:)

morpheusv6

Journeyman
kool said:
And wat basic knowledge is necessary 4 study CSE & IT?? One of my frnd told PHYS.+MATHS are more important 4 CSE, and STATICS, ECONOMICS & COMMUNICATION skill for IT, is it true??
Basic knowledge is same for all engineering fields- 10+2 any branch (Computers, Economics, Electronics, Biology). In my case only the CET rank helps in choosing the college and branch, so perform well in the entrance/competetive exams(like JEE,AIEEE).:cool:

Well in the intial year there is Physics, Maths, Chemistry, and a bit of all the engineering branches. Its just an extension of high school and you have a chance to get really high scores (>90%) which help in boosting your final aggregate.:D

But after the 1st year you get into your field (computers) with maths for 1 more year (common for all branches in my university).:)

fun2sh said:
@morpheus
u from which college?
New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore.8)

Doing my 4th Sem in ISE. :)

Wasting my time on the ne:grin:t when I am supposed to be studying for tomorrow's exam(Maths).:))

kool said:
Hi guyz,
I want to know d difference between these two subjects for Bachelor degree. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and COMPUTER SCIENCE. What are the scope of JOB by these two degree??? Which one is in more demand??

Reply soon..............
Job propects are the same for both.:D

By the way, when is your couselling for the branch/college?

If you some more days, then I will dig out more info after my exams are done (July 14).

Last edited:
HI,
I completed my B.Tech Last year in CSE. from my experience all I can say is that CSE is derived from Electronics and is somewhat Geeky in nature with subjects like Algorithm and Basic Electronics. IT is generally market driven and caters to the need of current market demand and hence provides better job option but a lesser growth potential than CSE.

Cheers
Shivendra

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
kaustav_geek said:
CSE has a major portion of hardware, i.e, Electronics whereas IT is entirely software aspect of computing with networking.
true. i have done B.Tech IT recently.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
kaustav_geek said:

whoops a typo...
m doing my b.tech in IT!!!!
last yr to begin soon....

thanks for the correction!

Last edited:

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
here in PTU there are two trades..
1. CE
2. CSE

Wat is the difference between these two....
One of the college is having both trades as separate ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom